LD entry points

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
rothgar

LD entry points

Postby rothgar » 10 Jan 2013 13:20

I have now had just over 100 LDs and noticed in my opinion 4 distinct entry points. Curious what your experiences are. First are spontaneously knowing I am dreaming without any obvious triggers. Second are dream signs...something obviously in conflict with reality. Third is reality checks where I really would not have realized the dream state without it. Fourth are WILD related...was just awake and didnt loose all conscienceness. Curious your experience

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Peter

Re: LD entry points

Postby Peter » 10 Jan 2013 18:33

Think that about covers it nicely, I cant add anymore.

What works best for you and why or what do you do to get the effects and then the dreams ?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 13 Jan 2013 17:00

To be honest, I have tried all sorts of induction stuff, but it stil just seems to happen. I THINK just doing it is making it more likely. I think more dream signs are showing up in my dreams, as if my subconscience is trying to cooperate with my conscience desire to LD. I am hoping my awareness to recognise them will then increase too.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Jan 2013 19:06

rothgar wrote:I have now had just over 100 LDs and noticed in my opinion 4 distinct entry points. Curious what your experiences are. First are spontaneously knowing I am dreaming without any obvious triggers. Second are dream signs...something obviously in conflict with reality. Third is reality checks where I really would not have realized the dream state without it. Fourth are WILD related...was just awake and didnt loose all conscienceness. Curious your experience

I would sort of lump the second and third together since for me the recognition of the dream sign causes the reality check, otherwise it's spontaneous which is back to the first. Then there is WILD, which supposedly has 2 entry points, with one being through OOBE. This morning I believe I experienced OOBE without being in a dream but did not enter the dream from that point. The OOBE experience was interesting because I was just floating around in an empty room with this Indian music with sitars playing very clearly in the background. It was interesting. Still curious about that method of entry but can't say for sure I've done it that way.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 13 Jan 2013 22:11

Lucidinthesky...

Can you elaborate on OOBE? How did it hapoen and what made it different?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Jan 2013 22:31

rothgar wrote:Lucidinthesky...

Can you elaborate on OOBE? How did it hapoen and what made it different?

This is new territory for me so it may be a little difficult to explain. It was the first time I had the experience of being out-of-body without being in a lucid dream. (I consider lucid dreams to be OOBEs since I often think about my body in the bed and my dream body is in another place entirely)

During a WILD attempt in the A.M. hours a dream scene appeared, although I really felt pretty much awake, but in some in-between state. So I walked into the scene and tried to approach some machinery that was there. Right before getting there, the room suddenly emptied and I started floating around, felt really wonderful and the indian music started playing. But that feeling of still being conscious and awake was there. Had sleep paralysis for sure, I had some panic/fear and tried to move body, but couldn't. The whole thing was really weird and got too uncomfortable since I also still felt partially awake, sort of stuck in an in between state. As I said, this is my first time experiencing this. Usually I go straight into the dream scene and lose total awareness of waking state, this felt almost like a deep meditation although it would be deeper than I've ever gone. Hope that makes sense, still trying to get a handle on it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 14 Jan 2013 03:40

I mentioned my 4 entry points... one thing I was hoping to discover was that over time one method would predominate...i.e.that one method would represent the entry point in a more skilled DILD dreamer and the others become less frequent. However, thats not been the case. I never know which method will be operative. However, interestingly, in nights with multiple LDs the same method usually operates. If I spontaneously know, the one or two others that night are spontaneous. If dream sign triggers, then others are too. I thought spontaneous would predominate, but a few days ago I had 3 dream sign triggers. So far I cannot draw a conclusion. And by the way, I do sometimes RC without any dream sign or thought I am dreaming...that really shocks you when you realize you are dreaming. But to be clear I really mean an anomoly type dream sign...something definitely wrong. I may RC when going toward a bathroom as trying to find a bathroom is technically a dream sign for me but not necessarily an anomoly. Guess I differentiate the two.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Jan 2013 04:54

rothgar wrote:And by the way, I do sometimes RC without any dream sign or thought I am dreaming...that really shocks you when you realize you are dreaming.

Yes, I know that for sure. I remember one time thinking to myself how silly these RCs are since I always already know I am awake and so tired of doing these STUPID things!!! and what's point of doing them anyway? But of course, yeah yeah, I'll do it anyway, because that's what you are supposed to do. I looked down at my hand and it had 6 fingers. It shocked me so much I woke up. Totally unexpected!

rothgar wrote:mentioned my 4 entry points... one thing I was hoping to discover was that over time one method would predominate...i.e.that one method would represent the entry point in a more skilled DILD dreamer and the others become less frequent.

For me, the method that predominates determines what needs to be done to make it happen. For example, when I rely on WILD which I have been lately I don't do many RCs because they are not needed. When I was trying to do DILD, then I did a lot of RCs and thinking about dream signs, etc. as that is necessary. So the method you focus on determines a lot of what you do. In any case, I do spend a lot of time and energy focusing on believing and repeating that my "next dream will be a lucid dream", etc.

There is a way to be lucid in your dreams right from the start and the WILD method is starting point to learn how to do it. That's what I'm trying to learn, not how to control the dream, but how to control the entry point. Ideally (and I have have done it) you watch and are present and aware as the dream world unfolds, then you step into that world like going through a curtain. To me that's the ultimate entry.

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Jan 2013 05:13

At least half of my lucids are WILD and it is extremely easy and so difficult at the same time. Catching the point of transition from wake to sleep or REM is an instant but in time it gets a little easier.

Find you own way but listen to you body and mind and learn to become the observer of yourself, your thoughts and feelings and take careful note of each little step along the way. Sometimes it is as easy as waking up in the morning and there is no need for supplements of any kind even though I do use them I can do as well without.

A Lucid says, practice the entry to the LD and that skill will carry on into the dream and then go explore the wonderland
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Jan 2013 06:22

Peter wrote:At least half of my lucids are WILD and it is extremely easy and so difficult at the same time.

Yes, it's difficult unless you do it right, then it's easy. Every time I do it right I say to myself: "That was easy" so what's the problem?

But what was it that I did that made it easy? That's the hard part. Its a new skill to learn, but somehow it doesn't come from the same place and is not the same way you learn to do other things. The methods are different and are activated from some other location. There are new controls to find and learn to operate. I'm still trying to find them, eventually I turn the right knobs, but always have to find my way back to them almost at random.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”