Was I close?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Was I close?

Postby CNile » 13 Jan 2013 21:57

Last night, I attempted to initiate a lucid dream. Well, as it happens, it was my first successful attempt, so I became very excited about it (As I read not to do, but I couldn't help it), and woke up... Or so I thought. It turns out that I was dreaming about having a lucid dream, and when I woke up the world I was in was so vivid, so logical, and so clear that I did not for a moment think I was dreaming. Everything was clear, and it felt completely real, so it was a bit of a shock when I awoke from it, I guess it was foolish for me to have not performed a reality check, since that was the perfect dream in which to become lucid, it felt like I was there for hours, and it was the most realistic dream I've ever had.

So what I'm asking is; Did I come close to having a good, long lucid dream for my first time, or did it just seem that way and I was actually pretty far off? I'd like to know which so that I can decide whether or not I should try a different method.

Re: Was I close?

Postby rothgar » 13 Jan 2013 22:18

Sounds like you were so close! Just expect FAs and RC on exit. My most real experience was also a time when I was not lucid. So real I never thought to question the dream. I was even thinking about lucid dreams at the time and how real they often seem, and here I was in one. Two or three nights ago I was even teaching someone how to do reality checks, while in my own very vivid dream, and never thought to do one myself.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Re: Was I close?

Postby Bizanchinryuu » 13 Jan 2013 22:23

My most closest so far was when i noticed i was sitting in a schoolbench in the garden and i was like: "Alright wtf?" so i performed a reality check by pushing my hand through the table. It worked but I almost immediately woke up.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”