Language of the subconscious.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Bizanchinryuu

Re: Language of the subconscious.

Postby Bizanchinryuu » 15 Jan 2013 10:42

hopelessdreamer wrote:
Bizanchinryuu wrote:That's fun to hear, i speak Dutch, German, English, Frisian and Japanese lol.

So? This has got nothing to do with the amount of languages spoken. But good for you I guess.

Just saying that it's pretty awesome I can speak to the subconscious on all those languages.

LucidLeon

Postby LucidLeon » 15 Jan 2013 14:15

That had nothing to do with the topic though... hopelessdreamer just wanted our opinion on the question "If you learn about lucid dreaming in English, can your subconscious still practice it in your first language?"

-

Anyway, hopelessdreamer, I know what you mean since my first language is Swedish and I only read about lucid dreaming in English. As for your question... I'm not sure. As HAGART said, I think your subconscious will understand what you mean no matter what language you speak because well, it's a part of you after all. But I don't think it would do any harm to translate some lucid dreaming terms into your first language and start using them.

hopelessdreamer

Postby hopelessdreamer » 15 Jan 2013 15:46

Bizanchinryuu wrote:
hopelessdreamer wrote:
Bizanchinryuu wrote:That's fun to hear, i speak Dutch, German, English, Frisian and Japanese lol.

So? This has got nothing to do with the amount of languages spoken. But good for you I guess.

Just saying that it's pretty awesome I can speak to the subconscious on all those languages.

Yes, I'm sorry if I came off a bit rude. That wasn't my intention at all. I think I misunderstood your message. It does sound pretty cool :)

Peace.

lodestar

Postby lodestar » 15 Jan 2013 15:57

In my (short) WILD this morning, almost everything I said to myself was in English, even if my first language is French. I don't think this has any impact, as no matter what language I use, I understand what I mean.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”