Insidious?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Chaosescape

Insidious?

Postby Chaosescape » 21 Dec 2012 04:13

I know there is a lot of debate about whether or not LDs and OBEs are the same thing and in my PERSONAL opinion they are two seperate things. I have Lucid Dreams usually DILDS but occasionally I can WILD if I get the chance to sleep when my REM cycle comes around. Ive researched and read a lot about OBEs and nothing I experience in an LD seems remotely the same as what an OBE is supposed to be like. Meaning I dont think ive ever had an OBE. I also happen to believe that if you are having an OBE your astral body is in the astral realm and everything in it is real. This being said I just watched the movie insidious and if you havent seen the movie its basically about a little boy who while astral projecting becomes lost and cant get back to his real body. While his body is laying in bed as an empty vessel a demon :twisted: tries to posses it. Then his father has to astral project and try and find his son so he can get back to his body. While watching this I couldnt help but wonder if the whole idea of what happened in the movie is all that crazy. Is it possible to get lost from and be unable to return to your body ? Also is it possible that another entity could posses your body while your out exploring the astral realm? Ive never read anything that suggests that it has ever happened but I still cant help but wonder if its a possibility. Any thoughts on this matter ??
~Only those who have dared to let go... can dare to reenter~
-Meister Eckhart

Summerlander

Re: Insidious?

Postby Summerlander » 21 Dec 2012 10:33

I don't believe in astral planes or that consciousness can exit the body. All OOBEs are WILDs that include the illusion of separating from the body. When you separate, movement may seem real but it's an illusion. So is your dream body, dream bed, dream physical body lying in bed, dream house and everything else is simulated too. That's my take on it and it is a pragmatic one, not belief-centric. There is no astral projection. They're just dreams. Some have lucidity and some don't.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

friendoftheapes

Postby friendoftheapes » 21 Dec 2012 21:02

I personally don't fully buy into the concept of actually "leaving the body," but at the same time there's no way to really disprove it. I just think that how people interpret and are effected by their dreams has a lot to do with their beliefs. Who knows? Maybe it's possible to become so convinced that you have left your body and are possessed by a demon that you actually start doing crazy stuff and killing people. I think if you get to that point, you probably just need a psychiatrist or something.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Dec 2012 02:19

The ball is not in our court to disprove it. The brain is quite capable of creating visual images and the illusion of space and movement in dreams. Anyone who says that a separation in the body happens then the ball is in their court to prove it - just like the ball is in the court of those who claim fairies and unicorns exist.

There is no proof that fairies exist therefore I don't believe in them and don't have to even if I can't prove that they don't exist. I can say, however, that I have never seen one in the real world but could see one in a dream if I like. OOBEs are illusions and there is good evidence to think so.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 12 Jan 2013 16:41

I saw the movie a while ago, it was entertaining and all, but I don't believe any of that could happen i real life. In my opinion lucid dreaming and astral projecting is the same thing: dreams :D (And even thought the movie was well done, it can scare people away from trying Lucid dreaming/astral travel/OBE, and that's just too bad.)
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Jan 2013 22:20

Bingo! The last thing we want to do is scare people off. If we want to make the practical uses of lucid dreaming more ubiquitous, spreading beliefs in the possibility of getting lost in astral planes or being possessed by entities is certainly not the way to go. :roll:

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 07:27

it is quite possible to be possessed by a demon but ive never heard of that happening to someone who was OBE. The ones that happen too have often triggered it in some other way (eg ouijia boards can attract them) and others its happened to did nothing at all .. just were ordinary people going about their lives.. moved into the wrong house or whatever.

So I dont think that any of us should be worrying about it as far as LD or OBE goes.

**Note with that thou I say a warning. I once went to visit someone OBE who was a wiccian priest of a coven while OBE. Unknown to me (as I didnt know anything about that stuff at the time).. he'd set like a ward (protection thing) on his house against "unwelcome guests). I got caught in the ward in a very scary way which scared the heck out of me and got stuck in it for a while (I couldnt get out of it till it let me go, it only let me go when I was screaming in fright that I meant no harm). Ive no idea if that thing could of kept holding me out of body.. i can thou only presume not and that the body would of recalled the astral body back when it had too.
Till that happened I had no idea that something could hold one OBE against ones will.. every other experience I'd had I could always just go back to my body if I had a bad experience with no problems at all. (I tried hard to will myself back into physical body but I couldnt get back.. his hold on his protection around his house ..he was linked to his ward... was stronger then my will over my own astral body).

I strongly suggest that those who do OBE.. do not go and visit wiccian friends or anyone else who may put protection stuff around their house, without asking them first cause you may have something similar happen to you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”