Not a lucid dreamer, but getting there

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Butterflygirl18

Not a lucid dreamer, but getting there

Postby Butterflygirl18 » 16 Jan 2013 01:10

I just discovered this website yesterday. For a while now, I very often realize I am dreaming during a dream and then try to control it. This never works completely, but sometimes it works better than others. I often try to fly and sometimes it works a little, sometimes not. I never have much clarity in a dream. In most of my dreams I have trouble with vision, like it's very blurry, and I don't think I could see my own hand. Also in a lot of dreams I have my eyes closed and can't open them, and I can see with my eyes closed, but what I am seeing is different from what I would be seeing if I could open my eyes. I also often have multiple false awakenings in a row - just learned they were called that a few seconds ago - and I really think I'm getting up. Whenever I have a false awakening the house is a bit different from my real house, and sometimes it has elements combined from different houses I've lived in or seen. Last night I think I had a false awakening, and I realized I was dreaming while I was still dreaming, so I went outside and rolled around in the grass and it felt surprisingly real. Then I tried to make a door to another world but it didn't work very well and I just got a brick wall. Of course, that was the first dream I had since I discovered this website so I'm probably making very good progress. Anyone have any tips? Does looking at your hand or saying "clarity now" really work, and is it hard to do that in a dream? It seems like it would be hard for me. Also, any tips for making vision clearer in a dream?

HAGART

Re: Not a lucid dreamer, but getting there

Postby HAGART » 16 Jan 2013 03:06

Butterflygirl18 wrote:Does looking at your hand or saying "clarity now" really work, and is it hard to do that in a dream? It seems like it would be hard for me. Also, any tips for making vision clearer in a dream?

I have experienced everything you describe and if that is not a lucid dream than I don't know what is. That is definitely a lucid dream, but perhaps with not much control is all. And I seldom look at my hands in a dream and asking clarity now like I have before after reading an article on this website, does nothing unless there is some meaning behind it. Might as well say anything because it is the intent that is more important.

Even though I get 'solid, vivid' lucid dreams, I still get wisps of a lucid dream that are not concrete sometimes. I know I am dreaming, but everything is vague and almost 'see-through'.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”