vibrations-> LD's?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
blair

vibrations-> LD's?

Postby blair » 28 Jul 2011 17:50

So last night I tried to have a lucid dream for the first time. I thought it was going pretty well but I never had a lucid dream. When I first went to bed, I quickly experienced sleep paralysis. I was super relaxed, this part came easily to me. Sleep paralysis was a longer step than I had imagined, but I kind of waited it out until my mind started slipping to sleep. THEN, luckily before I ever went into deep sleep, I was brought back and was very alert when the vibratons started. I heard a loud, high pitched frequency in my head. This really freaked me out. I didn't get too unrelaxed, but I don't know if I may have thrown myself off track when I got freaked out. After the vibrations stopped I tried to build a dream, but I didn't really know how to go about doing this. The dream I created was super dark and I didnt know if it was really a dream at all. I had one normal, non-lucid dream last night that I remember. It was basically me using tiny peices of furniture as puzzle pieces to do a puzzle. So my question is: How do you form a lucid dream once vibrations have passed? Is that dark, hazy dream the start of a lucid dream?
Any imput is greatly appreciated! (:

Peter

Re: vibrations-> LD's?

Postby Peter » 28 Jul 2011 22:09

you dont form them, they come to you. The darkenss may be the blank canvas so just dont expect anything and see what appears. It sounds like you are aware at this point and that is cool

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 29 Jul 2011 16:27

Blair-- i am at the exact stage you described in my WILD attempts-- i have successful had reality checks click in during a dream , but never a WILD. Glad to hear others are experiencing the same thing!

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 30 Jul 2011 08:28

I had my very first WILD just 5 days ago and it went exactly how yours did except for the fact that I didn't have to create a dream scene or anything, I felt the vibrations and my heart rate skyrocketed during them, and then total darkness, all of a sudden I'm awake lying down on some rocks in my backyard, Unfortunetly I haven't had an experience like yours but am also interested in case I find myself in that situation

DAZ_XT950

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 31 Jul 2011 15:33

i've been attempting WILD's for a few days now, but i can't get sleep paralysis to work even though i've lay perfectly still for over an hour. I don't know what's going wrong. :cry:

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 01 Aug 2011 16:42

For all of you that are having this problem with creating a dream once you pass through sleep paralysis, have you read the WILD technique on the website? If not, it tells you that once you pass through SP and a dream does not pop up around you, you need to use your strongest sense to get the dream going. For instance, if you play an instrument, try create sound in your mind. Just imagine a song you like, or the sound of the ocean, or anything that means something to you specifically. Also, if your an artist, lets say, try and paint the dream in front of you and almost step into it. Once you anchor yourself to a dream, it will usually make it easier to engulf yourself in the dream. Also, if you are still having trouble creating a dream, it could be because you are new to it and your brain doesn't know that it can do it. You just need to remind yourself that all of this is in YOUR head, that you control everything that happens. Hope this all helps! Good luck!
The mind is a beautiful thing

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 01 Aug 2011 17:12

DAZ_XT950 wrote:i've been attempting WILD's for a few days now, but i can't get sleep paralysis to work even though i've lay perfectly still for over an hour. I don't know what's going wrong. :cry:

Try it when you are tired. You can try physically exhausting yourself prior to sleep as well (going for a run, gym, whatever). Anything to make your mind and body to sleep, but the trick is to let your body sleep while you stay aware of your mind changing states.

Return to “For Beginners”