Meditation advice?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Re: Meditation advice?

Postby sharonbaker » 16 Jul 2011 05:36

Thankyou for nice advice...

Postby todnih » 23 Jul 2011 12:15

Jonathan wrote:I'm not an expert on meditation and have limited experience with it, but if you're feeling relaxed and basically nothing else at all, I think that's normal and good. Eventually, with more practice, you may find yourself feeling even more relaxed and even blissful.

I found this great web site on meditation that has more info:

I also not that familiar when we talk about meditation, and thank you Jonathan for this useful link and it really help me a bit, thanks
Hi I'm todnih and I'm new here

Postby Nocturnal » 26 Jul 2011 06:52

About the itching thing,

I think I may have found a cool way out. I used to get itch as well, but I found that if you focus on that exact spot (which can get hard at times), it will eventually disappear and actually help you into SP. It depends on the itch (for example, if it was a bug biting you, this would not be good) but it can be a mental thing in which case it may be healthy to 'mentally' fight it off.

Postby Peter » 26 Jul 2011 08:25

I find itches come just before the calmness or beginning of a transition and just give them a scratch or poke or whatever. I might be relaxing and become aware of a sheet that has been making contact with some skin and it will just start to irritate me and tickle or something else like that, get maybe two or three annoying things and just move, scratch or whatever and back to the task. I think that I get really sensitive just before a WILD and now accept this as a sign so don’t sweat it anymore.

Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Postby worldenterer » 30 Jul 2011 23:04

Have you tried using bineural beats?
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Postby rdubya » 01 Aug 2011 17:14

worldenterer wrote:Have you tried using bineural beats?

Love um. Even if I don't get a WILD, they are so relaxing. Make sure you get high quality ones, you can really feel your brain syncing with the waves and changing states.

Postby Bleekman117 » 02 Aug 2011 00:50

The point of meditation is to "silence" your mind. Meditation helps you clear your head and the goal in the end, LD related, is to be able to control your mind more efficiently and therefor control your LDs better.
The mind is a beautiful thing

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”