We all begin somewhere

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Vandy

We all begin somewhere

Postby Vandy » 16 Jan 2013 10:43

Hi all,

I am new here to this forum and i must say i have found some very useful tips to try to see whether certain techniques work better.

I have been into Lucid dreaming for about a year now and before i know of the term Lucid Dreaming i was overly obsessed with my dreams. the randomness and enjoyment every time i remembered one (as my recall is not the best at the moment) is amazing.

Anyway, i have been trying the WILD technique for a while now and last night, something odd happened.

I was very relaxed and watching out for HI. HI seems to be a bit of a problem for me as i can never see anything but light spots in my eyelids. I suddenly found myself in my living room, getting up from the sofa to go to bed. At this point i questioned why i was doing this when i was already in bed. My eyelids shot open and i lost the stage of relaxation i was at.

I would like to know whether or not i was close to Achieving Lucidity?

Any comments will help. Thank You

lucidinthe sky

Re: We all begin somewhere

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Jan 2013 18:18

Vandy wrote:I suddenly found myself in my living room, getting up from the sofa to go to bed. At this point i questioned why i was doing this when i was already in bed. My eyelids shot open and i lost the stage of relaxation i was at.I would like to know whether or not i was close to Achieving Lucidity?

Sounds like you were close, it's very disorienting to suddenly find yourself in a real place so it's best to prepare yourself mentally to expect this to happen and not freak out (easier said than done sometimes) So it's a quite normal reaction. If you are doing WILD, don't do it right when you go to bed, after 5 hours of sleep is the best chance of success. Also I find the transition is easier to handle and less intense/trippy.

When I see the scene the develop I tell myself to step into it, just walk into the scene. It's very cool because it gets even more real and physical, you want to touch things right away.

Good luck.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Vandy

Postby Vandy » 17 Jan 2013 13:42

Thank you for the reply.

I tried last night by setting my alarm for after 5 hours sleep but i must have been a bit too tired as i slept right through until my morning alarm. I will definitely keep trying though.

Have you been Lucid Dreaming long then?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 17 Jan 2013 18:09

I've been at it for around a year, although I've generally had excellent dream recall for a long time. Never have been into journalling though.

My lucid dreams are almost always incredibly real and mind-blowing to say the least. It's been a lot of work for the lucid dreams I've had, but well worth it. Good luck.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”