I can't fly to space...advice needed.

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Arcadian

I can't fly to space...advice needed.

Postby Arcadian » 19 Mar 2012 01:36

I've read Rebecca's tutorial about flying. I know it's a confidence and determination issue, and that has helped me. However, I've flown in LDs dozens of times, but I never can get higher than a certain point. My biggest goal is to fly in outer space. Last night after attaining lucidity, I felt more confident than I ever had before. I began to fly upward thinking that nothing could stop me. I could see the stars as I got closer to them. I reached the atmosphere and just about everything around me went black except for the stars right ahead. I was going to make it! I'm almost into space! But then the stars faded into the black. I felt heavy vibrations before I started to gradually feel my physical body in bed. The dream then ended. I kept my eyes shut, stuck through the vibrations and eventually began a new LD, but did not try flying again.

Any thoughts on why I can't seem to make it to space? I havn't tried spinning to create a new dream scene yet, but it's next on my list. But I'm left to wonder if maybe I'm having some imagination problems. Can I not get to space because I've never been there before and I have a poor imagination? Or is it still a determination problem?
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

Peter

Re: I can't fly to space...advice needed.

Postby Peter » 19 Mar 2012 10:34

dont do it the hard way or battle. Follow your own advice and put yourself there by changing dreams if you can and then fly back to earth - you will know the way then :)
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 19 Mar 2012 16:21

Good point you made, thanks for that.

Had an LD last night. I tried the spinning technique for the first time. The 1st and 2nd attempt nothing happened. The 3rd attempt I shouted "take me somewhere adventurous!" I could see white snow all around me as I spun. When I stopped, I realized I wasn't transported anywhere, but that a heavy snowfall had began where I was (outside my apartment). Really exciting since snow doesn't come here often. I enjoyed flying around my apartment through the snow :).

I then flew to the top of my apartment so that I could jump off and kill myself. I wanted to see if I would fall through the ground or if I'd transport to a new scene when I die. Despite being in a dream, it took me a few seconds to work up the courage to fall to my death haha. I'm not fond of heights, and in this dream my apartment was about twice as tall as it normally is. I jumped off like a spread eagle ready to belly flop on the ground. I could feel the G-force on the way down and was hoping the impact wouldn't hurt. When I hit the ground I woke up in my dream bed lol. I didn't feel any pain from the impact (ironic because I remember scraping my knee on the edge of the roof and it hurt). Fun LD though.
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 19 Mar 2012 22:07

It's a tricky one because you have got the idea into your mind that your mind won't allow you into space...like a catch-22 situation. Perhaps try going there in a rocket first (Since that is possible in the real world) then jump out and see what happens.
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Apr 2012 04:55

Maybe you just need more information. I believe we are capable of creating anything, we just sometimes lack the information we need.

If you want to travel in space in your dreams, I would suugest some immersion in the subject such as reading about it and looking at lots of images of different places out there in the universe. There's a lot of great stuff on the internet. If nothing else, you'll get to see a ton of cool things and learn. Hopefully it will help you create something in your dreams too. I'm into astronomy so I'm kind of biased. I look at lots of cool things in telescopes all of the time so I would of course, recommend that too.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

harry501

Postby harry501 » 07 Oct 2012 10:35

lucidinthe sky wrote:Maybe you just need more information. I believe we are capable of creating anything, we just sometimes lack the information we need.

If you want to travel in space in your dreams, I would suugest some immersion in the subject such as reading about it and looking at lots of images of different places out there in the universe. There's a lot of great stuff on the internet. If nothing else, you'll get to see a ton of cool things and learn. Hopefully it will help you create something in your dreams too. I'm into astronomy so I'm kind of biased. I look at lots of cool things in telescopes all of the time so I would of course, recommend that too.

Was drawn to this thread as I was struggling to reach outer space... even though I've had MANY attempts. Each time I've hit pylon cables... way way higher than they're meant to be. I try to fly through them, but then more and more appear and I get stuck.

Just as I was reading this thread, I wondered if I knew enough about space and going through Earth's orbit... and then I read you're reply Lucidinthesky... you're dead right... you must know about the subject matter. One thing is... all my life I've known that humans can't breathe in space... I think of movies where helmets come off... and they can't breathe... (total recall) do you think this could be holding me back??? Maybe a fear of not being able to breathe is creating a scenario (pylons) to prevent me going further??

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Oct 2012 02:30

harry501 wrote:
Was drawn to this thread as I was struggling to reach outer space... even though I've had MANY attempts. Each time I've hit pylon cables... way way higher than they're meant to be. I try to fly through them, but then more and more appear and I get stuck.

Just as I was reading this thread, I wondered if I knew enough about space and going through Earth's orbit... and then I read you're reply Lucidinthesky... you're dead right... you must know about the subject matter. One thing is... all my life I've known that humans can't breathe in space... I think of movies where helmets come off... and they can't breathe... (total recall) do you think this could be holding me back??? Maybe a fear of not being able to breathe is creating a scenario (pylons) to prevent me going further??

All barriers in dreams are self-imposed. Dreams function on your beliefs so that's what you have to work through. You can use meditation during waking hours to help break through these barriers/limits. If you have a fear of being able to breathe in space, I'm sure you can get through it. Based on my experience, fear is the biggest barrier and we are limited in so many ways by it. When we can free ourselves from fear, we find that we can do anything.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ophir

Postby Ophir » 15 Oct 2012 10:58

I have this problem as well... I think it has to do with our temperament of mind.. If we have quite a powerful, mind then this energy can lead to a certain weight in the dream body and this gravitational pull can stop us flying high. I've haven't cracked it yet, perhaps with more fuel in my dream body I will go higher.. I do totally agree that it's all to so with self imposed limits and belief...believe you will and you probably will... perhaps look to enter a vehicle like a car and transform it into a spaceship.. that may help.... :)

drkenzo

Postby drkenzo » 15 Dec 2012 06:49

A long time ago I had a pretty great space dream, the lucidity began already in space so I had the advantage, but it was really deep and cold, but very windy. I've been able to fly directly into space, but it's never the same as that. It always seems artificial, or no different than a normal black void. I've been able to achieve the better result recently by watching the show Dr. Who, and creating a TARDIS in my dream and using that. It surprisingly works really well in my lucid dreams, and brings me to the better space every time. Just make the phone booth, go inside, hit buttons, open door and you're in space. Try that.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 17 Jan 2013 23:27

Two words: DREAM DOOR :D
Attachments
dream-door.jpg
Dream Door
dream-door.jpg (36.22 KiB) Viewed 3709 times

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”