Dreaming in different languages

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

Dreaming in different languages

Postby Djegov » 27 Dec 2012 21:03

Do you ever dream in languages that are not your first language?
My first language is Portuguese, but I've already dreamt in every language I ever studied, English, French, Italian, Spanish, except japanese (that I started studying recently). Once I had a dream that took place in a Japanese class, but that was long before I studied any Japanese, so I believe they weren't using real words.
How about you?

Re: Dreaming in different languages

Postby LucidLeon » 29 Dec 2012 12:26

A lot, so much that it's a dream sign for me! :) My first language is Swedish but I speak a LOT of English in my dreams, and also Japanese sometimes. How funny to know that I'm not the only one!

Postby erichsa » 29 Dec 2012 18:49

I think it is normal to dream in any languages you know, afterall a dream goes through your mind,and puts your knowledge in to your dreams.I do it in german, english und afrikaans, plus a bit of fanakalo It might start in german, than my dream might take me to people who speak afrikaans,and latter perhaps english.
Enjoy :)

Postby Pihbell » 18 Jan 2013 05:10

I'm a portuguese native speaker also but some of my dreams are in english (usually very specific ones with specific elements, etc)! So I think it's normal! ;) One I've managed to have a dream where someone was speaking french and I would reply in portuguese...

Postby LCDAnthony » 21 Jan 2013 12:09

My native language is English but I sometimes have Spanish conversations with 'native' Spanish speakers In my dreams.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Off-Topic”