Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ninga_Unicorn

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Ninga_Unicorn » 12 Jan 2013 20:06

Hello! I have read many of the articles but mostly it makes no sense to me. So can you help me? I would like to know if I could achieve Lucid Dreaming as a beginner by using hypnagogia and go immediately into LDing? If not, can you give me some strategies that are easy for beginners to try out, mostly idiot-proof(that'd be me) to guarantee lucid dreams soon? Thank you!
(P.S. I read something about twitching your finger a little and that'll help you LD?)
A good friend is a person who thinks your a good egg, even thought he knows your slightly cracked. -Bernard Meltzer

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 14 Jan 2013 01:52

Hi, I have a question.

I have not had my first lucid dream yet, but I am expecting one soon. I will probably try using super powers once I stabilize the dream, but I have a question about that...

I would like to become the super hero I made up, The Black Panther, a panther-humanoid cross species, but is it possible to turn into something that drastic in a LD? If so, how? I think it would be harder than just commanding the dream to turn you into something strange like that.

Thanks for any help :)
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

sweetdreamer321

Postby sweetdreamer321 » 19 Jan 2013 01:50

Is there a certain age where your brain is developed enough to actually have a lucid dream? Just a thought...

kylesulli

Postby kylesulli » 22 Jan 2013 05:48

Ive done a lot of research on LD and OBE since 2006, but havent taken it seriously till now. Two nights ago I stayed up till 730am with friends then fell asleep and had a very vivid dream. I thought i woke up but was actually dreaming. I "woke up" to my mom and brothers in my apartment. This was shocking cuz i was sleeping naked like i do most nights. So i was asking them what r u doing here while covering my junk with my blanket. Then i noticed there was melting snow outside and it hadnt snowed in weeks. Bewildered by the situation I started asking myself questions and checking them off. "am I on drugs?" "am I going crazy?" "what the hell is going on?". I couldnt find the answer and I dont know why i didnt ask the question am I dreaming? I knew that it wasnt real. I feel like I was soo close to lucid dreaming but not quite. What did I do wrong? The next day I dreamed I was on my Harley on the highway and it was scary cuz it didnt turn as good as it used to and i was going 90+mph. Again I knew it wasnt real but didnt know it was a dream. So I said screw it and closed my eyes and did a couple of free floating backflips. While doing this i was still going fast and could hear the wind and everything. After I opened my eyes my bike was back to normal and I had much better control of it and slowed down. Was this lucid dreaming? How do i do this more often and with more control? Thanks

aquafox12

Freaky Stuff!

Postby aquafox12 » 24 Jan 2013 01:37

:shock: Ok, I just had a crazy experience. I'm not sure if it was a WILD or my epilepsy, but I know I've never experienced this before. So, I decided to take a nap cause I was tired, and I made a lame attempt at SILD (senses induced lucid dream). I got bored of it and just decided to let my mind wander. Well, I guess it wandered a little too far, cause I was seeing weird, distorted tiki faces, and I remember passing through an old archway in a car. But they disappeared after a while.

Then, things got crazy. My eyes would NOT stop twitching, I felt really cold, and through my closed lids, I was seeing flashing white lights. On top of all this, I felt like I was rolling down a hill really fast (I didn't see a landscape though). My heart rate must have picked up to 200 mph, cause I was in a panic. I opened my eyes just to make sure I was still alive, but the world was STILL spinning! @_@

I closed my eyes again and the spinning stopped. Finally, I was just fed up with it all and got up. (Whenever I wake up in the mornings, I'm all shaky cause of the epilepsy). I dunno what that whole deal was, but I'm not about to try it again. FYI: I don't take ecstacy or anything of that sort, and I hadn't had caffeine for a few days.

Euan

Postby Euan » 26 Jan 2013 15:38

is there any techniqes simmiler to Wi=ILD but have a low chance of causing sleep parilys

Sander

Postby Sander » 11 Feb 2013 11:31

Ok so i got a situation:

whenever i try to fall asleep with while playing a lucid dream in my mind to trigger a genuine lucid dream while sleeping, i simply can't manage to fall asleep. It's just because i'm focusing that i stay awake. I just don't get how anyone could fall asleep while focusing on something.. i don't see how it's possible.

Can anyone explain this?
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 11 Feb 2013 18:26

have an exausting week. Works with me. I get an immediate wild.

Triniax

Postby Triniax » 12 Feb 2013 04:46

Hello, I just wanted to know if you had to be exact when it comes to waking up 5 hours after you go to sleep so you can interrupt R.E.M. sleep. Because, it usually takes me about 10-15 minutes to actually go to sleep. So, say it's 9:00 P.M. and I set my alarm for 2:00 A.M., but I actually go to sleep at around 9:20 P.M., would this time difference matter much?

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 12 Feb 2013 14:52

I just found out that my best friend (13) knows about Lucid Dreaming too. He says that, at his old school, they made their own "dreamworld" together. They even made some crazy-ass things, like Facebook, but if u click on your friend he or she pops up next to you, and many others I cannot bother to write, one of them including a type of bank process but you can't make your own money in the "server" somehow. Robert Wagoner (I think that's his last name at least) did say he shared a friends dream, but I do doubt a scale of at least more than 10 people could join in one dream. He did say it "lagged". I kinda doubt this, maybe he was overreacting or something. Anyways, I still wanted to know if its possible, or at least what is true about what he said, and what's false. :|

Return to “For Beginners”