Dreams of teeth falling out

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Jercy Paul

Re: Dreams of teeth falling out

Postby Jercy Paul » 14 Sep 2012 08:06

To dream of teeth falling out is one of the most common dreams of all time, and many people see it as a need to go to the dentist and book a dental check-up, however people also wonder if they are grinding of their teeth too much while they sleep and a stressful sleep can usually be the root cause of this as-well.

Miami Dentist Office

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Sep 2012 08:20

Could be lots of reasons, I have had a few knocked out so know the feeling. A dental check if anyone is concerned is a good idea
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Mezz

Postby Mezz » 15 Sep 2012 04:50

Hey everyone! I'm new here, but I hope I can shed some light on this for those who get this dream (especially often!)

I had this dream recently, and it was one of the worst dreams I can remember. Not because of the content (I can imagine something that looks more terrifying than teeth falling out), but because of the _feeling_ that came with it.

I don't know how many others do this, but whenever something that seems symbolic stands out to me, I head to a dream-interpretation website to look up the symbol. Here's what it says for teeth falling out:

"To dream about losing a tooth represents man's innermost worries - death, age, weakness, destitution, and loneliness."

Intense, huh? And I can assure you, I was definitely going through a rough phase with some of these very worries.

If any of you have this dream, I highly suggest seeking help in whatever form to help you through this very unpleasant phase!!
We are the makers of music, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Sep 2012 05:14

I used to get them a lot and absolutely disagree that they have to mean something like you are suggesting. Not everything has meaning and as I have said in my case I have knocked a few out over the years riding mountain and road bikes and these memories insert themselves from time to time.

I dont have the type of worries you are suggesting and dont look at dream interpretation sites
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Mezz

Postby Mezz » 16 Sep 2012 06:27

Hmm, I wonder if there has to be something more specific to the dream as well?

Either way, I'm not always sure about dream interpretations, but in this case it was quite eerily accurate. If it doesn't sound right to you though, then just disregard! :)
We are the makers of music, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Sep 2012 07:17

If I had bad teeth then yes or if I had been subject to some lectures about sugar and bad teeth then yes as it becomes context sensitive and no issues there. The problem is that any dream can be related to an issue if you choose and that's where it falls to bits

wowlijetgold

Postby wowlijetgold » 17 Dec 2012 07:29

Behind every successful man there's a lot u unsuccessful years.

-----------------------------
http://www.mmohome.com/ | http://www.mmolive.com/ | http://www.mmomesos.com/ | http://www.diablo4shop.com/
http://www.mmolive.com/

dreamgate

Postby dreamgate » 28 Dec 2012 08:56

To dream of teeth falling out can mean different things for different people. The emotion that you get with the dream may help define the right interpretation, as well as the situations in your waking life.
Have you been, are are you about to, make a big ( or several small) decisions in your life?
Are you going through a period of transition?
The painless release of your teeth could symbolise letting go of one thing and allowing room for another to enter.
Teeth may symbolise wisdom, and you may be learning something new.
If you have had some teeth knocked out, it could just be a 'replay' of this.
Alternatively, you may be worried about the transition/decision, or the inability to process (chew) things in your life at this time.
The rotten teeth may be you realizing that the old way/choice is no longer working for you.

dreamgate

Postby dreamgate » 28 Dec 2012 09:09

Gooeymaw wrote:I have that dream myself on occassion, but thankfully not often. I really hate that dream. I do, however, have what could be a very similar dream. In my dream, which I have so often, is that I have something stuck in my mouth, it's like chewing gum, but no matter how hard I try, I can't get it out. I thought that this dream might mean something I want to say, but don't, but I can't think of what that could be. I actually don't have any deep dark terrible secrets. I keep thinking that if I can only figure out what that dreams MEANS, I will finally stop having it. I mean, I hate that dream so much I would pay MONEY to never have it again.

I have had this dream also. It is a terrible feeling.
Dreams can mean different things for different people. In my case, sometimes it was as simple as having a very dry mouth in the night. It may be a memory of having something stuck in your mouth/choking you, from childhood, such as chewing gum.
Alternatively, if you feel it may be a need to say something, it doesn't have to be a big dark secret, it may be as simple as just telling your mom you don't like getting socks for your birthday (just an example...Is there something you have been wanting to tell a friend or relative? It could just be something small).
Possibly it is reminiscent of having a 'bad tast in the mouth', so maybe there is someone in your life you do not really like at the moment.
People who had this this dream have also been unable to express their creativity.
Possibly (depending on the dreamers age and experience), it could indicate a trauma to the mouth, in some cases related to sex. Please let me know if this offends, and I will edit it out.

bcamargo0296

Postby bcamargo0296 » 21 Jan 2013 15:13

I had this dream 6 years ago when I was 10 (it wasn't a lucid dream, though), and I've never forgot it. In this dream, I got up from my parent's bed feeling my teeth loose and ran to their bathroom straight away. I leaned on the sink and opened my mouth, then all of my teeth fell down, but I felt no pain. After that, I remember feeling... wrongness. Everything around me just felt sad and wrong. It was horrible. After I woke up, I ran to my computer and googled what this means. I ended up finding that the Egyptians discovered that this is some sort of premonition that one relative of yours is going to die soon. The more you know him/her, the more intense the pain will be.

Shortly after I had this dream, a second cousin of mine died from brain hemorrhage. I was absolutely freaked out. However, I did have this dream again, but no one died afterwards. I suppose it was just a horrible coincidence.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”