Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
lucidinthe sky

Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Jan 2013 17:51

Spent this morning playing around with WILD entry, just practicing going in and out. I'm really trying to learn how to manage the entry point by just going in and out of the lucid dream state, through HI, etc. and back out (that's the easy part). Trying to find the threshold point. The whole thing was really interesting, went in and out about 5 times. Sometimes I decided to come back out and other times either got too excited or freaked out. In some, I could watch the actual dream scene form and other times, popped into it. It's so cool to pop into some random scenes. In one a plain white room formed, but heard noises which I thought were inside my house, couldn't tell if the noises were in the dream or not. Better get up to check that out, I thought, but while still looking around in this room. Quickly realized that body isn't going to move, tried to move the physical body but aware of the dream body too. That was confusing for a split-second. Then I felt my dream body lift up, twist around and float on my back with a rush a really fantastic feelings. Woke myself up, then tried to go back again. Another time I was suddenly driving this panel van running into a woman inside a wheel barrow, I yelled at her that I couldn't see the handles sticking out and hit those. She was mad, so I put the thing in reverse, crash! Jolted me back out. Try again. Suddenly I'm staring at someone who looks like Hannibal the Cannibal telling me he explained something important about my brain cells. Give me the remote, time to change channels! This was very interesting and I'm going to do it again, although I sacrificed at least two LDs, possibly more. Would be interested if anyone else has done this kind of thing and would like to compare notes.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby Peter » 21 Jan 2013 19:57

I go in and out lots and had a coffee induced lucid this morning and had about 3 missed entries and 2 successful ones and one FA.

I like getting in touch with the feelings in my body and mind and tuning them up a little to get the entries more regular
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Jan 2013 20:10

Thanks for the response. Once I put my thoughts together, I'd like to ask you questions about this exercise if you wouldn't mind. You have lots more experience than I do.

What I'm thinking is if you can manage the entry point process and learn just that, then you can basically enter at will, more or less. You might need 3 attempts for every success, but that's O.K.

The whole thing is really trippy and difficult to handle the mental "G force" from the sudden screen changes. Going from blank screen to this evil-looking guy with crazy bright blue eyes right in my face. No in-between state, changes in a split second. How do you prepare for that?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 21 Jan 2013 20:41

I will post some detail later when I have a little more time to get the thoughts in order. I do agree and think there are a few ways to set yourself up to win.

LOL - you prepare by expecting the snaps from one state to another and not being a victim of them. They still get me, I had one instant of HI to me looking and being (a duel awareness) on my bike racing down a hill at impossible speeds and it shocked me, I was able to get control and instant later but the changes are instant and shocking but I also think they need to be or always will be.

Each detail needs some serious thought and pulling to bits to build up a tool chest for dream entry.

This will be an interesting thread
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 21 Jan 2013 22:32

I have drifted in and out of the WILD state several times in one night before, however this was more down to accident than anything else. Whilst I've never gone directly from awake to an LD this way, I am often extremely aware during the first few minutes of sleep, and on several occasions have then not awoken fully, but drifted back into HI. When I enter HI this way, I am fully conscious and from there I can jump into the scene and begin an LD. I feel this is a good step towards direct LDing from a waking state. Your idea of being able to pinpoint and get used to this entry point is something I will certainly be trying to master next time this happens.
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Jan 2013 00:27

Peter wrote:LOL - you prepare by expecting the snaps from one state to another and not being a victim of them. They still get me, I had one instant of HI to me looking and being (a duel awareness) on my bike racing down a hill at impossible speeds and it shocked me, I was able to get control and instant later but the changes are instant and shocking but I also think they need to be or always will be.

It's that shock factor that's hard to deal with. I could get used a completely crazy looking person staring at me from 2 inches away, but I need more than a nanosecond to do it. Most of the scenes are more reasonable so in general you can prepare yourself. My visuals are very sharp and detailed, often coming into full clarity super fast. Incredible to watch, but kind of trippy and head snapping acceleration if you know what I mean.

Peter wrote:Each detail needs some serious thought and pulling to bits to build up a tool chest for dream entry.

This will be an interesting thread

The area I'm working on now is what I would consider the first stage of entry and that is for me a perceptible shift in thoughts, going from logical and sequential thought patterns to almost random and virtually impossible to pull them back (like what the heck did I just think?). I'm trying to figure ways to facilitate this shift, from there I generally go quickly into HI and the dream scenes appears soon after. The problem for me is relaxing and allowing the first stage to happen, I often pull it back into the logical thought stage and then I'm back to square one.

torakrubik wrote:I have drifted in and out of the WILD state several times in one night before, however this was more down to accident than anything else. Whilst I've never gone directly from awake to an LD this way, I am often extremely aware during the first few minutes of sleep, and on several occasions have then not awoken fully, but drifted back into HI. When I enter HI this way, I am fully conscious and from there I can jump into the scene and begin an LD. I feel this is a good step towards direct LDing from a waking state. Your idea of being able to pinpoint and get used to this entry point is something I will certainly be trying to master next time this happens.

Sounds like you've already experienced it. I've been working on it every morning and really getting some significant progress. Lucid dreams are already so amazing, but to go from waking state to walking around in a dream scene in sometimes just a few seconds is something else all together. The idea of doing it on demand is very attractive. But I guess this is just what WILD is. Anyway, I would really recommend for anyone who hasn't had that experience to try it.

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Jan 2013 02:09

The area I'm working on now is what I would consider the first stage of entry and that is for me a perceptible shift in thoughts, going from logical and sequential thought patterns to almost random and virtually impossible to pull them back (like what the heck did I just think?). I'm trying to figure ways to facilitate this shift, from there I generally go quickly into HI and the dream scenes appears soon after. The problem for me is relaxing and allowing the first stage to happen, I often pull it back into the logical thought stage and then I'm back to square one.

If my ZEO monitor is correct the first shift is into light sleep, it is hard to describe but feels like a drop and it is quiet. My mind starts to look inside and I see the first stages of sleep forming. It is calm, quiet and I would call it a phase shift and it shows on a sleep recorder as entry to light sleep. I am fully aware of inside and outside events but the shift is to the inside most of all. At this stage ear plugs, no drafts, are helpful and you may be very aware it itches and sheets will seem to put pressure on you.
I find it easiest to use WBTB and be elevated on two pillows ( I often sleep with none and no sheets as well) and will soon be trying this in a chair as well.

This is light sleep and I think a meditative state and I sometimes wonder if a lot of people meditating are simply into light sleep. Its wonderful and It can bring on a sense of warmth that you can just bask in if you want.
I get what I call energy shifts at this stage at times, it feels like a small displacement of "me" just a wisp of something moving on and I am not with it at this stage but if it is strong I will often try to put my awareness into this shift and at times have just go up and walked away from this in my dream body.

This first state is easy to get to and easy to drop out off, I practice dropping into and becoming aware of this first shift every time I sleep or nap and every time after I wake up. It is great to use to get to sleep as it is so easy to get to and so easy to miss the WILD moment if you are tired and just go to sleep.
It is the first change and important, for me there are no intense body feeling associated at this first change.

I will stop here and get you thoughts as there a 3 or more shifts from here that we can flesh out.

Remember this is what I do and what I am aware off, it may be similar or vastly different for you and others

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Jan 2013 19:00

Peter wrote:If my ZEO monitor is correct the first shift is into light sleep, it is hard to describe but feels like a drop and it is quiet. My mind starts to look inside and I see the first stages of sleep forming. It is calm, quiet and I would call it a phase shift and it shows on a sleep recorder as entry to light sleep. I am fully aware of inside and outside events but the shift is to the inside most of all. At this stage ear plugs, no drafts, are helpful and you may be very aware it itches and sheets will seem to put pressure on you.

I experience roughly the same thing, the thought change is one of easier indicators for me to see, but the rest of it is also going on. There is also a change in breathing. One of my problems is that my mind is very active and creative, buzzing with activity. This is great for dreams but makes it hard to relax. Really struggle with that part which seems to be the biggest hurdle for me. Once I relax and get everything slowed down, then get to this first stage, I just hold on and it goes really quickly from there. Whatever other stages exist are very compressed after that and I can only get a short or no HI followed by formation of the dream scene. The process is sensitive to what you want to happen so it's also important to express the desires/intents at some point. Something as simple as "The dream scene will be forming soon", etc. Expressing: This is what I expect.

This morning was a complete zero for me, looks like I rebounded from too much self-induced sleep deprivation from the previous session which is one that started this thread. Slept deep with little dream recall which is unusual for me. Hopefully tomorrow will be more fruitful and will have something to report.

Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Jan 2013 04:34

One of my problems is that my mind is very active and creative, buzzing with activity. This is great for dreams but makes it hard to relax

I used to spend complete nights with an active mind that just would not shut up, now I am aware of the fact that the noise is not me and I can let it buzz away without letting it interfere with relaxing. It will persist for a little while but like anything being ignored it just fades away. This has taken a lot of years to come to terms with but now is not an issue.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Jan 2013 05:54

I had another unproductive session, got only one dream scene to appear: pretty interesting though. Suddenly in a split second I went from darkness to fishing, had my line out and was reeling it in, fish starting biting immediately, but I got too excited and lost visuals. Forgot my own advice and came back out :x

Tonight I will commit myself to making progress and hope to have something good to report on progress. I can say that the mechanism by which the dream scenes are created seems to be more accessible to me although they are completely ramdom scenes that appear. It's really quite amazing though.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”