My dream environments are always devoid of people

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
boardsenseless

My dream environments are always devoid of people

Postby boardsenseless » 22 Jan 2013 13:41

I have a problem with my lucid dreams, I am desperate to seek knowledge and ask questions but I very rarely encounter any dream characters. I usually become lucid and then demand clarity, which tends to "lock in" the dream environment, making it more tangible. However, as soon as I do this any dreams characters dissappear, leaving me in a very solid physical environment but one that is eerily peaceful. I have experimented with with environments in various ways and done some pretty cool stuff but can hardly ever find people to interract with. On the rare occasions I do encounter dream characters I have a very brief conversation but then, as soon as I ask a question, the dream fades and I wake up before I can get an answer. If I encounter people I know in dreams the dream tends to feel less vivid and I don't feel quite as lucid as I do in the quiter dreams. It's very frustrating, especially as my girlfiend is an absolute astral wizzkid and she meets dream characters and spirit guides every time she has a dream or an OBE. but she's a natural and can't answer my questions. Any thoughts?

torakrubik

Re: My dream environments are always devoid of people

Postby torakrubik » 22 Jan 2013 22:36

Have you ever considered summoning a DC? It's entirely possible, although it can be quite tricky to pull off. There are relevant articles on this site with more information.
Dreaming is my drug

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 22 Jan 2013 23:06

No, I've never tried that. I've searched for dream characters and , on occasions, found one but then, whenever I ask a question like "tell me something I need to know." They dreams starts to fade just as they're about to speak. It's damn frustrating. I'm New here so where do I find these articles?

Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jan 2013 00:41

You need to apply techniques to maintain the lucid dream. For example, I usually rub my hands when I talk to a dream character. The background sensation helps me to remain there plus a desire to get information. Focus on the conversation instead of the fear of waking up. If the dream still fades, try to retrieve it by amplifying all the senses.

You can even hold on to a dream character's hair and insist on feeling the tactile sensation. If you perceive that you are lying in bed but still holding hair, pull it and get out of bed and walk around in your dream bedroom. summon another person if you have too. Insist on remaining in the dream world until your time there really expires.

Good luck!
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 23 Jan 2013 08:45

Thanks, that's some.interesting ideas. I've tried spinning before when a dream fades but that just creates a new dream environment. I've not heard od rubbing ones hands in a dream though, so will definitely try that if I get the chance. Thanks

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 23 Jan 2013 22:48

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-create-dream-characters.html

Try this^

Also, as summerlander said, it's important to engage your senses to keep you firmly rooted in the dream.
Dreaming is my drug

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 23 Jan 2013 23:44

Thanks for posting that, really interesting. I'll definitely try some of those techniques next time I'm lucid.

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 19 Apr 2013 10:04

I had a Lucid Dream recently. I was in a building that seemed familiar, it was a series of rooms or sheds where animals were kept but all the animals were out in the fields. As I wandered from one area to the next, the pig pen to the chicken coup and so on I found myself thinking it was a dream environment and I was constantly touching the walls to feel the surface and see if I could sink my hand into it. Eventually I became lucid and found myself at a doorway. The door started to change to a portal as I became more aware. At this point the dream started to fade, like before when anything significant happens in my LDs, so I rubbed my hands together as advised previously and felt the friction build but still the dream was fading, almost pixelating, so I demanded clarity a couple of times at the top of my voice. This seemed to steady the dream a little and I stepped into the portal. Once inside I felt myself being pulled through a tunnel of sorts and I was now just pure consciousness, I had no physical body. Eventually I found myself just floating in this vast expanse of emptiness but in my hand was an electronic device with a CGI face on the screen which looked like some kind of computer character. I got a sense that this device was my "Higher Self" and that I needed to ask it some really important questions but when I tried typing the question in the keypad the characters on the keys kept changing and I was unable to ask my question. This is where the dream faded for good and I either woke up or drifted into a deeper sleep. Still I am unable to interact properly with Dream Characters or get answers to my questions, it's so frustrating.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 19 Apr 2013 10:16

Hi, well I have some very good advice. Dcs are often not wise, and they are defienatly not the best choice for wise advice.
Also on a quick note, the lucid dream where you lost your body was powerful and sounds like a good one. That is the goal of bhuddist lucid dreamers, to just be pure contiousness with no body or dream around them. So that's cool that you experienced that :)

Also, instead of typing in the phone device thing, you shod of asked it out loud directly. (You need no devices or keyboards in dreams haha!)

And on the third and most important note, as I said earlier DCs are often not the best choice for advice. You know what is? The awareness behind the dream. What's even better, is this is perfect for your situation. You don't need DCs! Just ask the dream itself directly anything you want. Anything ;) you can ask it these questions you've been wanting to ask DCs and your higher self, but you can also make requests such as "show me something amazing!"
Or "I want to see a dragon!" Or any question like "what is my dream job?" "Why am I stressed at work?"
The possibilities are limitless on what you can ask and the awareness behind the dream knows far more then any DC.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 19 Apr 2013 15:03

That's an awesome reply thank you so much. I've had a couple of dreams where I'vs "lost" my body but they never last long after that, it's almost as though the dream just takes over and I have no idea why I had this electronic device in my hand. I've tried asking the dream for things before like to take me somewhere or show me something but it never works, do I need to be specific in what I ask for? Cheers.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”