remembering multiple dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lawilahd

remembering multiple dreams

Postby lawilahd » 01 Aug 2011 05:01

I have read online that during a normal sleep cycle, whenever you enter REM and have a dream, your previous REM cycle's dream is erased in a way, but I don;t know how true that may be. At the same time, I read posts from people who remember 3-4 dreams per night, and I'm wondering whether this is true and if so, how can you remember multiple dreams, cuz i usually only remember 1, the other dreams I have previous to it, are forgotten other than a faint memory. Also, something that confuses me is if REM cycles get longer the more you sleep, does the whole sleep cycle reset itself when you wake up, meaning you would have to go through the previous stages before REM which in a way would defeat the purpose of wbtB

Peter

Re: remembering multiple dreams

Postby Peter » 01 Aug 2011 07:02

way to much science, start writing down dreams and you will get the skill to remember more of them. Dont sweat on what may be called normal as most of the world would not even accept the nature of this forum

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 01 Aug 2011 10:33

I know my question is a bit complicated in a science like way, its just been on my mind for a bit but i don't really know how to phrase it any clearer. thanks for the help though

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Aug 2011 11:51

Your question is fine and my answer may be a little basic but hope it helps. Start googleing the subject of rem states if you have not already done so. There is plenty of info on the net
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 01 Aug 2011 17:06

I think what Peter may be saying is who cares what they say happens when we sleep. If science said LD isn't possible I would say well science, say what you want because I LD. So if they say your previous REM cycles are erased and you believe it, i bet you wont remember them. But if you say "not everyone is the same mr.science, and i know i remember all mine", then you just may remember all your REM cycles! Remember, even science is just a belief!

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Aug 2011 20:35

Thanks, yes thats about it.

Beleive in yourself and dont accept boundries

Peter

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 01 Aug 2011 23:32

Ok I kind of know how to phrase it a bit better, today i remembered 3 different dreams, but for that to happen I had to wake up after the dream, write it down, and then sleep again, but what i really wanted to ask is if any of you have remembered multiple dreams without waking up after each one, rather sleeping through all dreams and into the next one. And yes i agree with you, if scientists tried to disprove lucid dreaming I would not believe them because I have experienced it myself enough to know it exists.

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Aug 2011 00:28

Yip on a good night I will wake up around 1:30 am (this is normal for me) go back to sleep and wake up around 7am and can remember 5 to 7 dreams. Times I dont recall any

Peter

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 02 Aug 2011 00:33

Omg peter! you can do 5-7!? :o
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Aug 2011 01:32

I use a scene change as a dream, so in a city is one, themnflying over a forest is another, next may be in a bakery eating the biggest pies you can imagine and so it goes on. each one has is sort of "how did I get here or where am I" and to me that is another dream

Return to “For Beginners”