5-htp

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Mr anonymous

5-htp

Postby Mr anonymous » 15 May 2011 10:25

Anyone taken 5-htp for dreams? I heard it gives you vivid and even lucid dreams

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: 5-htp

Postby Rebecca » 16 May 2011 08:12

A 5-HTP capsule before sleep suppresses REM sleep in the early hours of the night and induces a better quality deep sleep. Then later, due to the REM-rebound effect, you will experience vivid dreams after 5-6 hours of sleep.

Taken with Galantamine, this is a very powerful combination for having vivid and potentially lucid dreams...

Lucid Dreaming Supplements
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-supplements-store.html

MikeFromTheUK

Postby MikeFromTheUK » 05 Dec 2011 00:31

I had my very first lucid dream using 5-HTP.

foxko12

Postby foxko12 » 25 Jan 2013 00:36

i started taking 5-htp last night, purely for dream use. i took one 120mg capsule an hour before sleep, this was around 12am. i hadn't eaten since around 7pm but did not experience nausea, stomach ache or any other side effects like a couple others have recorded when not taking 5htp with food.
i woke a few times in the night and each time weakly attempted DEILD techniques with no success. i already kind of knew to expect the results of the 5-htp with my last dream of the morning but each time as i fell back asleep i couldn't help but feel a little disappointed.
i usually find remembering dreams tricky and more often than not i don't recall them at all,this can be frustrating since the first step to understanding your dreams and lucid dreaming is dream recall.
Thou i didn't have a lucid dream, this morning when i woke i could at least remember my dream. at first i thought i had forgot or hadn't dreamed at all, and then it started to came back to me, i just started writing and as i did more of the dream revealed it itself to me.
my dream wasn't unpleasant or extremely vivid. the feel of the dream was a little sad but also happy, and i was around family and only sad because i knew we had to all depart.
this is very encouraging and i plan to report more about the 5-htp here as i use it.

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Jan 2013 04:05

I use it at times and it helps a lot but not sure how as I still get the normal amount of REM at times in the early part of the nights
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”