fishing on land

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
knight of cups

fishing on land

Postby knight of cups » 25 Jan 2013 20:44

I have alot of beach/fishing dreams and I had one last night, just prior to joining this forum today.

I was fishing with an extremely long line that stretched out through the small town where I was. It was a hand-line and I began pulling it in and it took a long time. Finally I got it in and realized that I had been fishing on dry land. This was my moment to become lucid, but I didn't. Instead I just wondered what I expected to catch on dry land?

Perhaps it was to catch on with this forum.

Peter

Re: fishing on land

Postby Peter » 25 Jan 2013 20:47

I used to tow a trawl net in a paddock and get bags of onions... still didnt get it

and then there was driving the ship down the main road and not understanding why it did not fall over
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Jan 2013 23:23

I"m not a person who fishes a lot, but sure have had my share of fishing dreams. The most common is fishing in these places which are either very large puddles or areas that have been recently flooded and technically fish could live there, but pretty impossible to be there. Something about that idea is very interesting for my dream world.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

knight of cups

Postby knight of cups » 25 Jan 2013 23:44

Metaphysically, water represents the subconscious mind. Oceans and large bodies of water tend to represent the collective subconscious, and perhaps puddles and small ponds could represent the individual subconscious. Fishing to me symbolizes trying to bring up something from the subconscious to the land (conscious mind).

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”