'See'

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Lisecila

'See'

Postby Lisecila » 28 Jan 2013 19:01

My last Lucid dream was very calm, and gave me a lot of insight.

I realized I was in a dream when I was inside my grandparents house, with one of my former actor colleagues. I told him it was a dream, and pushed my finger through the wall. I went outside, It was deep snow everywhere. I was barefoot, and wished for the snow to be warm, and it was. I jumped a bit and flew upwards, I commanded my body to go down again (I have a fear of flying in dreams, and I think it's because I'm afraid to fully go for my acting career in waking life.) I wanted to meet my dream guide, and I saw him walking across a field. He came towards me, and I asked: "What's the meaning of my life?" First he said a lot of strange things about worlds within worlds. He can be very cryptic, and unspecific at times, so I said: "Can you put it in a more simple way?" And he just said: "SEE"

It was useful information, I have been denying a part of myself for way to long, and my subconscious reminded me of it :)
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

knight of cups

Re: 'See'

Postby knight of cups » 28 Jan 2013 20:00

Hey Lisecila,
I also have a dream guide. Does your guide appear the same each time, does he have anything unusual about his appearance that makes him easy to recognize? Have you given him a name?

thanks,
knight

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Jan 2013 20:46

That is a very cool lucid dream. Do you think that when your dream guide said "see", the inspired solution from the subconscious was 'seeing yourself doing what you want to do in life and finding some meaning'? Another question: have you tried to exercise your acting skills in a lucid dream?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 28 Jan 2013 22:37

knight of cups wrote:Hey Lisecila,
I also have a dream guide. Does your guide appear the same each time, does he have anything unusual about his appearance that makes him easy to recognize? Have you given him a name?

thanks,
knight

Hi! My dream guide is actually a character from a writing project I've been working on for many years. When he first showed up in a Lucid dream he presented himself as my dream guide and my logic sense. (The logic part of my brain is not very strong, so it makes sense that my logic is a separate 'person' :lol: ) His name is Arau. He looks quite normal, with a sharp face, glasses, blond hair, but his eyes are almost black, and really contrasts his pale features. His personality is calm, but he is a bit clumsy. Like I said he can sometimes say a lot of unspecific nonsense, when I ask him questions.
What is your dream guide like? :)

Summerlander: Yes, I'm working on the interpretation, thank you for the input :) I really love how dreaming can give so much insight.
I recently had a false awakening, where I turned around in bed and saw my own face, and sleeping form. It was kind of creepy, but it reminded me of how I shy away from the person i really want to be :)
I have been doing some acting in the dream world, but I should do it more. This one time I was on a stage and worked with a director in a Lucid dream, I was floating for a while and for once it felt safe.
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

knight of cups

Postby knight of cups » 29 Jan 2013 04:58

My dream guide is an Oriental female who told me her name is Quan Yin. She told me she is the guide for many dreamers and seekers. She has been with me for 10 years and she actually guided me in a creative direction with my music which has proven to be very valuable. Perhaps your guide will help you with your acting career.

Errant Soul

Postby Errant Soul » 31 Jan 2013 03:27

I don't think your limited to any number of dream guides, as long as you accept that the dream generated by your soul is unknowable in its capacity, and it reflects the capacity of the universe.

Mine is this guide that I created as a child way back when, called Khronos. He is a dimensional wanderer that would use the astral realm to travel between worlds and experience the wonders and horrors in them, learning and loving every moment of it. It has only been recently that he has been guiding me in my dreams, helping me grow.

Keep an open mind and don't call any of them a dream character or illusory or fake. No one can make that judgement without understanding what holds oneself's existence in this body.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 31 Jan 2013 10:47

Errant Soul wrote:I don't think your limited to any number of dream guides, as long as you accept that the dream generated by your soul is unknowable in its capacity, and it reflects the capacity of the universe.

Mine is this guide that I created as a child way back when, called Khronos. He is a dimensional wanderer that would use the astral realm to travel between worlds and experience the wonders and horrors in them, learning and loving every moment of it. It has only been recently that he has been guiding me in my dreams, helping me grow.

Keep an open mind and don't call any of them a dream character or illusory or fake. No one can make that judgement without understanding what holds oneself's existence in this body.

Yeah, but, aren't you being closed to other possibilities by holding on to something so belief-centric and hypothetical as discarnate beings wandering through astral planes?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Errant Soul

Postby Errant Soul » 31 Jan 2013 14:48

Well, what is belief-centric to you is entirely logical to me and my logic supports my beliefs. I mean, if you can only verify what is real to you is through the five senses as interpreted by your brain, and you cannot accept the inputs from your astral self as equally valid inputs to your brain, you may as well be denying your very existence.

There's a mathematical logic to creation, its a rather simple one, yet unknowable complex in applications. Just go look at a tree.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Feb 2013 02:38

What you stated is completely illogical though. The mathematical logic you speak of are the "brutal" truths imposed by the physical world that scientists speak of. Things were not as they are now. Go back a few billion years and you'll find that even the universe was a very different place. It's just that it's evolving.

But what I am mainly having a problem with is how you pass off the idea of an astral existence like its a truism. There is no evidence for this whatsoever. And if it interacts with the physical brain or body as you vitalistically state, there should be. Why should I accept something for which there is no evidence?

For example, scientists knew that there had to be a Higgs Boson because a universe without one would be like a car running without an engine. The Higgs field was theoretical until recently. They found it. It had to be there. Likewise, in space, there are a few anomalies that can only be explained by the existence of "dark matter". They can't see it but they know it's there because they see how it affects baryonic matter, distorts light, and they can even predict outcomes of certain interactions. Imagine galaxies made of surfactant foam. Dark matter is the surrounding water that keeps them together. It is not only viable, it is logical that it is there.

The same cannot be said about the brain and the mind. There is absolutely no evidence that an astral or ethereal body controls the physical one and an undeniably overwhelming body of evidence supporting the brain - as a biological supercomputer - giving rise to consciousness.

Everything about your mind can be destroyed by damaging parts of the brain. Take a look at Alzheimer's sufferers. Take a look at Parkinsons. Take a look at aphasic people. Even meditative states can show you how intrinsically empty you are. The way we function is tantamount to clockwork.

I'm not denying my existence, I am experiencing my existence and not making assumptions about it - and evidence favours physicalism, not vitalism.

By the way, I don't know much about tree phylogenetics but I am pretty sure they mutated into what they are today through evolution. Why look at trees?

- Padmasambhava

Errant Soul

Postby Errant Soul » 02 Feb 2013 16:06

Something that is illogical is merely your negative perception of a complete form you have no understanding of, not even our modern day engineers or scientists can explain why the Golden Ratio (The Perfect Rectangle) uses a infinite changing number in the construction of forms in nature. Normally we are told that construction of a complete requires a solid fixed base in order to build anything, yet that same stone we build on is built on a logical understanding that the structure of Nature is formed by this Golden Ratio.

It is a paradox. Nature is fundamentally a paradox, Knowable yet Unknowable. So is Man, for we are of Nature. God is also the unknowable Paradox, only known in Story.

The tree is also of Nature, and it builds itself perfectly fine, capable of withstanding the cyclic changes of Nature, living for years, sometimes longer than Man itself.

That is why people study trees, for they are a living paradox as well. I suspect they might be concisous dreamers as well, for they breath and drink our same air and water.

So, when you cannot accept the possible "reality" of the paradoxical astral spirit of your astral self, you have fallen again for the trick of Duality, 1 and 0. You will not transcend the gate, or love it.

You have forgotten to love the Paradox inside your self. Thus, you will not create yourself. That is the point of dreaming.

To find one's Paradox and Love it.

Oh yeah, before you pull a child suffering argument, remember. Humanity has yet lo learn to love it self. The systematic murder of the innocent rises from this fear of the Child of Paradox within oneself.

So go and dream some astral spirits now, and treat them as if they were your own children.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”