Remembered my first dream, can't remember any more!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Remembered my first dream, can't remember any more!

Postby odin021 » 29 Jan 2013 03:35

Hello everyone!

My name is Ryan, 21 years old, quite healthy, I get the minimum 8 hours of sleep a night at least 4-5 nights a week.. I stumbled upon this page about 5 days ago, and was instantly hooked. I have experienced a few instances of what I would consider to be lucid dreaming through out my life, (some occurring during school hours when i played xbox way too late and went to school on 1-2 hours of sleep) and as such definitely recognized it as a real thing. I've always been intrigued by the abilities of the mind, and have indulged in psychedelics a few times as a result.. however that is not the issue.

When I started reading about this site, I was in my bed for almost 3 hours on my phone, reading every article I could get my hands on. I told myself as I drifted off that I would remember just ONE thing from my dream.. not too picky. I'm ready and willing to make mistakes and for this to take some time to master, but to my surprise I remembered some pretty solid details, and almost the entirety of the dream in one way or another. I woke up eager to write about it, and I did, almost a full page of a text document worth of material. I've begun meditating and trying to conquer my extremely noisy mind, practicing self hypnosis- the whole nine yards.

My issue now, is that for the passed 3 nights I can hardly remember a thing. I drift off with thoughts filled with remembering, recognizing the difference in real life and a dream. Last night I couldn't recall anything... Tonight I am going to try the wake-up and record pattern, 4.5 hours of sleep and then an alarm to wake me and give me time to write, then every 90 minutes. I have been doing constant reality checks.. I am an avid gamer and spend a lot of time in multiple different fantasy worlds, and I can but assume that this has somewhat of an impact.

Any tips?

-a not frustrated, but very eager, Ryan.

P.S I grew up a fan of dragonball z, so my first lucid dream will be an attempt at going super saiyan ;]

Return to “For Beginners”