Am I Lucid dreaming?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
aimireplica

Am I Lucid dreaming?

Postby aimireplica » 24 Jan 2013 17:47

During the summer (maybe because I napped a lot) I got experienced a lot of what I thought were lucid dreams. They mostly seemed quite short, were sexual in nature, but I couldnt find out through googling if what I was experiencing was truly a lucid dream.. or out of body experience or what.
Basically, everytime I start to 'lucid dream' I have this strong falling sensation, or feeling like I'm turning over in my bed- that tipping sensation. A lot of the time I can feel my arms moving, but also feel my arms under my pillow, where I am asleep.
Also, every one of these experiences is in pitch darkness. I may be able to see slight movement, but it is always in a darkened room where I cannot see the guy's face and I dont feel like I can control my movements, as if all the moving i'm experiencing is made FOR me by the other person in the dream. (ha.. does this sound creepy? When it first happened I was sure someone had broken into my room or something)
Can ANYONE shed light on whats happening to me?
It hasnt happened in a while (I dont have time to nap these days) but occurred again last night which prompted me to register here.

R99

Re: Am I Lucid dreaming?

Postby R99 » 29 Jan 2013 08:06

u r at the beginning stage LD i think, coz it happened a lot to me when i first introduced to LDs. falling sensation used to happen to me a lot at first couple of weeks. If u r just getting in to LD, i suggest u work more in this subject.
I see the Truth now.

aimireplica

Postby aimireplica » 29 Jan 2013 21:27

Thanks for the reply. Now my question is how to 'continue' or progress further into this lucid dreaming? I mean i never meditate or try to lucid dream when it happens and when i remember to try rub my hands together to stabilise my presence in that reality (via googling about lucid dreaming), i try to picture my hands moving because im afraid if i actually move my hands, my hands in the real world will move and wake me up.

R99

Postby R99 » 30 Jan 2013 13:16

dont worry, if u r deep in dream enough, nothing will happen in real body.. meditation is just part of relaxing, in my experience whatever calms u down is meditation. couple of deep exhale calm u down if u want it to. try to read more about LD, this site is a good resource.if u want more article just google it. there are lots of site in it. , reality check is a must. and dream journal is great. Keep on dreaming.
I see the Truth now.

XperienceD

Postby XperienceD » 31 Jan 2013 17:49

Its a begging stage of LD. You need to sink into a dream, it will form a scenery. Darkness usually happens when LDs start to form or fade. Try rubbing your hands, it will stabilize the scenery.

doubtit

Postby doubtit » 02 Feb 2013 18:12

Ok, here it goes...I'm sorry if my dream will be boring for you...and pardon my english, I might have mistakes..But I had to ask someone who has any knowledge or experiernce about (with) the lucid dreaming. I think I was lucid dreaming, cause this definately wasn't a normal dream....
So I went to bed like every other night, it was about 1am I think. At first I was lying on my left side, and apparently my dream started when I felt this giant rock on chest, I couldn't breath properly. Then I turned on my back, thinking it might help my breathing. It got even worse...I really (or in my dream ... ??) couldn't breath and started to panic. Then I remeber opening my eyes and I seeing this scary black shadow( it was like a black cloud) over me just 20cm away from my face. It did nothing, it was just over me, but I felt horrified...like I was afraid for my life. I clearly remeber saying to myself "Calm down, this is a dream, this is a dream.." But the shadow was still there and I tried to move out of the bed, but it was like someone had cut off my body in half, I couldn't feel my left side - my arm, my leg..nothing on my left side! I heard myself doing this agony sounds beceause of my incapability of moving... I still can't remeber if I actually got out of my bed, cause I remember being pretty close to my door, trying to escape and crying...After that I was again in my bed (if I ever got out of it at all...), being fully awake, still teriffied and trying to unedrstand WTF had happened...
Please, if anyone read this, tell me was it a lucid dream, if not - what was it?? I'm interested in trying intentionally having a lucid dream but I'm scared that it will be again that scary...I've had a lot of crazy and freaky dreams but this was a terror...a week after I was still trying to forget that horible feeling...

R99

Postby R99 » 02 Feb 2013 18:35

i never had this experience. but i can only makeup for this dream is that it was a nightmare, just more vivid than normal dream. i know u r new this site, did u read anything from this site, if u didnt, u should try it. its a beginners guide. if u had any LD or trying to have any- ur work starts from here. gud luck. welcome to the group. and dont worry abt english. mine is horrible than yours still i am sticking since the last year. :D
I see the Truth now.

XperienceD

Postby XperienceD » 08 Feb 2013 01:32

doubtit wrote:Ok, here it goes...I'm sorry if my dream will be boring for you...and pardon my english, I might have mistakes..But I had to ask someone who has any knowledge or experiernce about (with) the lucid dreaming. I think I was lucid dreaming, cause this definately wasn't a normal dream....

That experience you have had is called night terror. Its a more vivid form of a nightmare and can really disturb your waking life afterwards.

You need to start it all over again concerning dreaming and LD particularly. The basic steps you need to do is remembering your dreams fully and starting a dream diary.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2013 21:22

aimireplica wrote:During the summer (maybe because I napped a lot) I got experienced a lot of what I thought were lucid dreams. They mostly seemed quite short, were sexual in nature, but I couldnt find out through googling if what I was experiencing was truly a lucid dream.. or out of body experience or what.
Basically, everytime I start to 'lucid dream' I have this strong falling sensation, or feeling like I'm turning over in my bed- that tipping sensation. A lot of the time I can feel my arms moving, but also feel my arms under my pillow, where I am asleep.
Also, every one of these experiences is in pitch darkness. I may be able to see slight movement, but it is always in a darkened room where I cannot see the guy's face and I dont feel like I can control my movements, as if all the moving i'm experiencing is made FOR me by the other person in the dream. (ha.. does this sound creepy? When it first happened I was sure someone had broken into my room or something)
Can ANYONE shed light on whats happening to me?
It hasnt happened in a while (I dont have time to nap these days) but occurred again last night which prompted me to register here.

Those are all normal sensations for someone who is projecting. I've found that as our conscious awareness increases and we begin to realize we're experiencing the non-physical (aka: a dream), it tends to bring our awareness slightly back to our physical bodies lying in bed WHILE also experiencing the non-physical reality.

So sensations of falling and feeling your physical body move around are quite normal. Just roll with the punches. A good way to help yourself to stay sleeping is to focus your awareness within the reality you're experiencing. You can do this by bringing as many senses into the experience as you can. Try rubbing your hands together... while doing this REALLY FEEL what's happening. Feel the warmth your hands are generating... feel how your hands feel rubbing... bring your entire awareness into it. :)

That should help.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 23:36

Also, every one of these experiences is in pitch darkness. I may be able to see slight movement, but it is always in a darkened room where I cannot see the guy's face and I dont feel like I can control my movements, as if all the moving

My thought it its probably an astral projection starting to happen (OBE). I get my astral body going like out of alignment with my physical body before I have a projection. My astral will start moving about and doing its own thing often starting with the fingers or arms... also sometimes tilting....detaching from the physical. Once you get away from your physical body you should be able to control your astral body better.

The guy.. he's very likely to be a Hypnagogic image (completely normal to see things in transititon state often scary things) so think of him as that as that is probably what he is.

You may thou want to say a protection prayer or imagine a protective divine field of light around you thou just in case before you do OBE stuff. Make it so you feel something is protecting you and feel safe. (I think this becomes more important in those who OBE rather then those who are just LDing). Even if he wasnt an image.. most of those things in astral plane one comes across are very weak and its just a matter of using your thoughts to get rid of them (send them love often does the trick or even just demanding they leave and get out of your space will often get rid of them). If you do not let them scare you, most will leave anyway. (be no more scared then you would be of a stranger on the street.. its just lack of familarity of the situation which is scaring you be it hypnagogic image or whatever. You are in no real danger).

You could actually "use" others you see whether just images or whatever to help get yourself deeper in the state so they can be quite helpful. Try speaking to them (doesnt have to be outloud) etc (just keep in mind that they probably are just images). Or if you dont like the image.. imagine chasing it away with a broom or frypan or whatever (something which will empower you and pull you deeper into your state). After a while you will forget that you are still laying on your bed and be free of the body.

Ever heard of "watchers on the threshold". I think many people are confronted with someone/someones when in the near projected state as its their own subconciousness expressing their fears around all this. Its so much fun out there once you overcome issues like this.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”