Tips on MILD?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
luciddreamer49
Posts: 83
Joined: 27 Jan 2013 19:34

Tips on MILD?

Postby luciddreamer49 » 30 Jan 2013 00:45

Hey! I haven't had my first ld yet but I've been practicing. :) does anyone have any tips on MILD technique? I mean besides the ones Oh this website?:)
Also, Oh an artical it said reality checks should be about 10-20 seconds!?!? Mine only last a few seconds here is what I do-
I try to push my fingers through my palm and ask myself "am I dreaming?" Then I go Back to what I was doing before-what am I doing wrong?
Please help!
Thanks sooo much!!:)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Vaellian
Posts: 29
Joined: 23 Jan 2013 00:08

Re: Tips on MILD?

Postby Vaellian » 30 Jan 2013 00:59

A reality check should be a legitimate reality check. the action takes 2 seconds. for me i push my hand through my palm. pinch my forearm. read a sentence. look away. re-read the sentence. then for 10-20 seconds i just LOOK around. and just absorb what i see. if anything feels misplaced. out of order. or just plain wrong. then i ask where i am and how i got here. so im done physically in 10 seconds. but mentally my reality checks are at least 30+ seconds

luciddreamer49
Posts: 83
Joined: 27 Jan 2013 19:34

Re: Tips on MILD?

Postby luciddreamer49 » 30 Jan 2013 01:06

Vaellian wrote:A reality check should be a legitimate reality check. the action takes 2 seconds. for me i push my hand through my palm. pinch my forearm. read a sentence. look away. re-read the sentence. then for 10-20 seconds i just LOOK around. and just absorb what i see. if anything feels misplaced. out of order. or just plain wrong. then i ask where i am and how i got here. so im done physically in 10 seconds. but mentally my reality checks are at least 30+ seconds

Okay Thanks. Ugh. This is kind frusterating cause I've been doing this for two months and I haven't even been doing it right soits like I'm starting all over again D:

[ Post made via Android ] Image

User avatar
R99
Posts: 409
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 07:53
Location: Where Fiction collides Reality

Re: Tips on MILD?

Postby R99 » 30 Jan 2013 15:41

okay, dont get too frustrated... its not about reality checks, its about r u really questioning the reality? do u have dream journal ? its very important. i have special method of my own on reality check. it goes like this--- wen u have free time just look at any beautiful object, and inhale-exhale deeply shut ur eye and open it wide. and ask urself "is it real?" then look around. i am sure u feel like refreshed, and more alerted. just dont do it dramatically, people think u r a creep :D . try it out 4 or 5 a day. lets see wat happens in ur dream life.
i got several LD by this method. gud luck & happy dreaming.
I see the Truth now.

luciddreamer49
Posts: 83
Joined: 27 Jan 2013 19:34

Re: Tips on MILD?

Postby luciddreamer49 » 30 Jan 2013 23:13

R99 wrote:okay, dont get too frustrated... its not about reality checks, its about r u really questioning the reality? do u have dream journal ? its very important. i have special method of my own on reality check. it goes like this--- wen u have free time just look at any beautiful object, and inhale-exhale deeply shut ur eye and open it wide. and ask urself "is it real?" then look around. i am sure u feel like refreshed, and more alerted. just dont do it dramatically, people think u r a creep :D . try it out 4 or 5 a day. lets see wat happens in ur dream life.
i got several LD by this method. gud luck & happy dreaming.

Okay!:) Thanks!:D I do keep a dj but do you mind checking out my newest post on the beginner forum??

[ Post made via Android ] Image

hebekie
Posts: 9
Joined: 20 Dec 2012 15:41

Re: Tips on MILD?

Postby hebekie » 31 Jan 2013 22:37

Ive been trying MILD for 2 months now, and my reality checks are too short too :3
I have written the words Lucid,Real,Dream and World on my hands and i cannot unsee them, i often just look at them and then i know if nothing changed about my hands or the writing on it.

I often just sit in a quite place and look around looking at people or objects.
It kinda helps, then again i should find a way to see these words without destroying my skin :I
Good luck anyway :D

User avatar
R99
Posts: 409
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 07:53
Location: Where Fiction collides Reality

Re: Tips on MILD?

Postby R99 » 01 Feb 2013 08:54

use a digital watch with an soft alarm that goes of every one hour, it surly helps.
I see the Truth now.

User avatar
lussn
Posts: 9
Joined: 27 Jun 2013 15:33
Location: Barcelona

Re: Tips on MILD?

Postby lussn » 28 Jun 2013 09:31

R99 wrote:okay, dont get too frustrated... its not about reality checks, its about r u really questioning the reality? do u have dream journal ? its very important. i have special method of my own on reality check. it goes like this--- wen u have free time just look at any beautiful object, and inhale-exhale deeply shut ur eye and open it wide. and ask urself "is it real?" then look around. i am sure u feel like refreshed, and more alerted. just dont do it dramatically, people think u r a creep :D . try it out 4 or 5 a day. lets see wat happens in ur dream life.
i got several LD by this method. gud luck & happy dreaming.


I have problems with this and I will try to do your method. I got LD with WILD method but I want to domain the RCs. Thanks R99!
NDs -> A whole life ;)
LDs -> +14
Let's dream!

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Tips on MILD?

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Jun 2013 01:56

luciddreamer49 wrote:Hey! I haven't had my first ld yet but I've been practicing. :) does anyone have any tips on MILD technique? I mean besides the ones Oh this website?:)
Also, Oh an artical it said reality checks should be about 10-20 seconds!?!? Mine only last a few seconds here is what I do-
I try to push my fingers through my palm and ask myself "am I dreaming?" Then I go Back to what I was doing before-what am I doing wrong?
Please help!
Thanks sooo much!!:)

[ Post made via Android ] Image


I think people need to throw out the rules. Reality checks can be done very quickly (my reality checks on the rare occassions I need to do one, is only a few seconds), it all depends on what works for you or not. If something seems to be working, dont worry about the rules. The most important part of doing a reality check is that you are doing it with serious consideration in mind of if you are dreaming or not? Seriously check.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself


Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests