Robert Monroe 'Journeys Out Of the Body'

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Peter

Re: Robert Monroe 'Journeys Out Of the Body'

Postby Peter » 12 Nov 2012 03:03

I dont even know why we pursue concepts like out of body, in a normal waking day we are "in" our body exploring the world around us and it exists inside of us due to senses and the most perfect virtual reality that exists at the moment.

In a lucid state its totally irrelevant where we are or what we are interacting with past the fact that it is interesting, what we do and what we learn is important not the hair splitting where we are as I feel that is all of secondary importance
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Jan 2013 02:40

Peter wrote:I dont even know why we pursue concepts like out of body, in a normal waking day we are "in" our body exploring the world around us and it exists inside of us due to senses and the most perfect virtual reality that exists at the moment.

I think being out of our bodies is the normal state, we are just not normally aware of separation. It's quite a thrilling experience to become fully aware of it. I always have a sense of euphoria from it and feel more free, but it's just a realization of what already exists.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Jan 2013 07:16

Its a hard concept for me but i think that in waking life we interact with reality by way of a virtual reality that is constructed by impute from outside delivered to us by our senses and in the lucid state we interact with a virtual reality generated by memory of the external world or a request to the database of external memory or by a willful use or acceptance of some abstract concepts that are meaningful at the time.

In any event both worlds are great
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 10:37

I was kind of "wow" when I read his book years ago as he'd had some many experiences with things which were so much like my own experiences.. experienced some same things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”