Sleep deprived. good time to attempt a WILD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Vaellian

Sleep deprived. good time to attempt a WILD?

Postby Vaellian » 29 Jan 2013 23:54

I had awoken for work after a decent night of sleep. but tired. that night i had only gotten 3-ish hours of sleep. i couldn't sleep for.... reasons. but i could close my eyes and try to sleep. so i'd say if anything 3:30-4 hours MAX. 2 nights ago. last night i was able to sleep from 3am-11 am. 8 hours... now even though i got 8 hours last night. am i still REM deprived currently. where after my classes let out at 8. could i possibly attempt a Wild? as 8 pm is basically my afternoon because of my college schedule

lucidinthe sky

Re: Sleep deprived. good time to attempt a WILD?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Jan 2013 02:23

It's worked for me, but not right after initially going to bed. It works best for most people after 5 hours of sleep. Doing right when you first go sleep is difficult, being sleep deprived on top of that would make even harder.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Jan 2013 07:18

Lack of sleep is great and for me almost a certainty of producing a lucid dream BUT if the lack of sleep is due to uncontrollable stress (relationships, financial etc) I think that using the state is hard as it takes a lot of skill to get the relaxation needed to enjoy the fatigue and use it to get lucid.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Vaellian

Postby Vaellian » 30 Jan 2013 07:56

Not stress. just noise. and i wasn't in my own bed. so it made it hard to sleep

Peter

Postby Peter » 31 Jan 2013 00:05

Ear plugs work wonders so try them to block noise.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 31 Jan 2013 04:10

Peter's experience is what I have experienced. When I'm under a great deal of stress, I don't have any LD's, but when I'm not, I can have LD's whether or not I'm sleep deprived or have had too much alcohol, etc. The stress is the main factor for me. It does always happen in the early morn hours...after I've woken up and am going back to sleep. Never right when I'm falling asleep.

Vaellian

Postby Vaellian » 31 Jan 2013 08:53

it was only for that night. so i don't need earplugs. i was just saying how i missed a night of sleep. but even though i got 8 hours. do i still need to make up that sleep? and if so. would an afternoon nap be a good time to do a wild

Peter

Postby Peter » 31 Jan 2013 18:30

I have success with afternoon naps for OBE quite often but I do need to be tired for this to work. Its just the opposite to a WBTB where I need to be rested and fully awake - LOL to go to sleep and be able to stay awake when I do :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”