Meditation

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Vaellian

Meditation

Postby Vaellian » 30 Jan 2013 00:30

I try meditating. alot of times i do silence most of my inner monologue. but i never really get DEEP into my subconscious. i'm a very self aware person most of the time. even before i knew lucid dreaming existed. i had always had to watch TV before bed if i ever asked myself "am i asleep" fearful of being conscious of falling asleep and feeling the Physical feeling of it.

Point being. while i'm meditating. or listening The guided Lucid dreaming meditation MP3. from the course. i follow along. and physically i get extremely relaxed. but i can never visualize the staircase well enough. and even though i'm focused on the mp3. i'm always anxious to the single point of "am i feeling what the guide is talking about" which usually leads me to become aware of my body rather than lose it

Vaellian

Re: Meditation

Postby Vaellian » 31 Jan 2013 08:50

No help on this? :(

Peter

Postby Peter » 31 Jan 2013 19:32

Hard to answer and for me I dont meditate so no use to you and I do have a lot of lucids so again my opinion wont suit your systems.

It does seem that you are breaking into daydreaming when you try to visualize the staircase, it is only a tool and not that important as much as getting you mind to a semi sleep state while staying awake in some sense. So just drift along with it, if you force the staircase you are daydreaming and that is a lot more active, if you observe and drift into the HI state and that is what you are trying to achieve then you may or may not see a staircase, you could fall into a dream.

For about the millionth time achieving a LD is not a liner process and different for everyone and different for each person each time (for me this is very true)
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Vaellian

Postby Vaellian » 31 Jan 2013 23:42

Thank you. i just really want to have a lucid dream. so anything i can do to help i want to atleast try. i guess meditation really isn't for me :(

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Feb 2013 03:45

everything and nothing works so keep at it but learn to look at what is going on, become the observer and the dreams will come in time.

Read the website here and work on reality checks and other induction methods as they work and there is a better chance of success, WILD is very hard and only one of many ways
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

andreadams700

Postby andreadams700 » 06 Mar 2013 15:31

Vaellian wrote:I try meditating. alot of times i do silence most of my inner monologue. but i never really get DEEP into my subconscious. i'm a very self aware person most of the time. even before i knew lucid dreaming existed. i had always had to watch TV before bed if i ever asked myself "am i asleep" fearful of being conscious of falling asleep and feeling the Physical feeling of it.

Point being. while i'm meditating. or listening The guided Lucid dreaming meditation MP3. from the course. i follow along. and physically i get extremely relaxed. but i can never visualize the staircase well enough. and even though i'm focused on the mp3. i'm always anxious to the single point of "am i feeling what the guide is talking about" which usually leads me to become aware of my body rather than lose it

I am meditating under the supervision of DR. christine breese. Check out http://umsonline.org/AllAboutMetaphysicalMetaphysics/ChristineBreese.htm.

Return to “For Beginners”