Lucid Blindness? Say what?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Shakaza

Lucid Blindness? Say what?

Postby Shakaza » 31 Jan 2013 02:03

So, last night I had a semi-lucid dream. I was in my church, and I -apparently randomly- performed a reality check, but after that I was nearly/completely blind. (I clearly saw my hand when I pushed my fingers through it. It felt strange.) I tried to shout out 'Clarity now!', but it didn't help much. (Probably because I didn't really expect anything to happen.) After that, I quickly lost what little lucidity I had, and I don't remember anything more. I would appreciate some help, 'cuz I've never heard of this happening before, and I think it's a little strange.

Or, maybe I'm completely stupid, and this is common! :lol:

Errant Soul

Re: Lucid Blindness? Say what?

Postby Errant Soul » 31 Jan 2013 16:54

Ah, I have had that happen a lot. Normally I just let the dream flow without seizing lucidity, and those moments of blindness are merely used to transition through the story.

Most likely you interfered with the soul's ability to see in the astral world by attempting to override its free will and ability to act.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

R99

Postby R99 » 31 Jan 2013 17:40

these blindness are just the way of LD- if u wait for some seconds probably end up in another dream scene. just dont loose ur awarness.
I see the Truth now.

Shakaza

Postby Shakaza » 31 Jan 2013 21:35

Okay, thank you! I will continue to practice, and hopefully I will be able to have fully lucid dreams soon.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Feb 2013 12:34

Just go about your dream as if you are blind but ignore it.. focus on whatever you can in your dream.. eg what your surroundings feel like etc. Sooner or later your sight will come back in. Its soo common to have blindness at some point in lucid dreams (all it means often is that you arent fully in the dream yet or dropped out a little). But its easier to get back in if you dont let the blindness bother you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 27 Feb 2013 07:02

Shakaza wrote:Okay, thank you! I will continue to practice, and hopefully I will be able to have fully lucid dreams soon.

When you are supposed to happen this dream again.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”