Dream Characters: Let's explore them further.....

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
R99

Re: Dream Characters: Let's explore them further.....

Postby R99 » 01 Feb 2013 08:48

wen it come to DC's, one character even told me that " what are u looking at? this is not a dream." i was like :) then all the sudden like this :? . the thing is he is there to distract me, and the sad part is, it worked. the LD became an ordinary dream. :x
I see the Truth now.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Feb 2013 21:56

boardsenseless wrote:You should have spoken to them they might have been guides or even other dreamers.

yea, I know. I wish I did. During a deep OBE lucid dream like that, the DC's seem to know it is a lucid dream too and can even feel like they are somewhere else in this world, lucid dreaming on their own, and you somehow 'met up on the astral plane'. However, I don't believe in that and I want to get to know them for that very reason. I am a skeptic and believe they are all manifestations of my own mind or aspects of ourselves. But I am open minded and want to get to know them better and maybe they are something completely different for all I know!

R99 wrote:he thing is he is there to distract me, and the sad part is, it worked.

He wasn't placed there by a divine force, but perhaps in the back of your mind you had a slight disbelief yourself and that is how it was created. And of course any distraction can make you loose focus. What came first, your distracting thought or the dream character? The DC may have represented your other self focusing on a different perspective of the dream? The one in disbelief. (Which is very common for DCs that know. To disbelieve it is really a dream.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

R99

Postby R99 » 02 Feb 2013 14:23

it was extremely vivid dream, and i was in gud control . after he said that, its a lost dream. may be it was a challenge for me. and i failed. dont worry ill get him next time. also in one dream i cannot open a door it was heavy, then i thought. can i have someone to help me with this situation? suddenly the door was opened. and the wonder part is that when i walked out of that door there are 2 teenagers holding the door for me. :o yeah it was amazing.
I see the Truth now.

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 03 Feb 2013 08:55

I recently met a dream character who was very vivid, which is extremely rare for me.

I was standing in what could have been a shopping mall, train station or similar, with a large crowd around me, everyone was in a rush. I looked around to see if there was anyone worth talking to and I saw this guy making his way through the crowd. It was so obvious that I was supposed to wait for him, it's almost as though everyone else was out of focus. He walked up to nme and just said "follow me." He may have even grabbed my arm. He wasn't aggressive or anything just assertive but I strongly sensed I could trust him and so I followed. I tried to engage him in converstaion "who are you, where are we going?" that sort of thing but he wouldn't give anything up. Eventually we a reached a place (it starts getting a bit vague here) and he told me what I had to do or where I had to go from there, but I don't recall the specifics. I decided to ask him "are you a spirit guide?" But, he just smiled and said calmly, yet almost dismissively, "no."

After that point I was no longer lucid and the rest of the dream is too vague to recall.

I hardly ever find DCs to interract with and the fact that this guy seemed so vivid and physical makes me think there was something more significant about him.

lucidity inv

Postby lucidity inv » 07 Feb 2013 00:34

Is there any problem to kill DCs?
They are kinda annoying lol

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 07 Feb 2013 23:33

lucidity inv wrote:Is there any problem to kill DCs?

Umm... I don't really think there is a problem with killing them but, I'd say have respect for them because they're aspects of yourself.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Feb 2013 00:54

lucidity inv wrote:Is there any problem to kill DCs?

I've actually killed many dream characters in countless ways. There's no problem. Essentially you are putting them out of your mind, not out of existence in real life. Sometimes they certainly do get annoying and I cast them aside and they splatter on the wall into fine points of dust.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Feb 2013 11:05

There is also DCs which are really real people, this I know can appear in normal dreams and so I assume would also be coming into some lucids too.

I had a dream many years ago now in which my daughter was in my dream. I'd gone to her aid after she was screaming for help as she was being attacked (her head was being beaten. I saved her and at that moment woke up. Seconds later I hear her cry from the bedroom upset something like mum! mum! I had just had a terrible dream. It turned out she had been in my dream and remembered it as I had, the ones attacking her, being hit over the head and me coming to her aid and saving her. The only differences in our dreams was she was playing herself and I was myself.

This experience really gave me something to think about as far as dreams and their characters.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Feb 2013 00:20

boardsenseless wrote:You should have spoken to them they might have been guides or even other dreamers.
I had a vivid WILD type lucid dream and met a dream character with a full personality and spoke with them. They are not like the others and seem to know who you are and what is going on in the dream. Here's the story and conversation and it starts out funny....

I was swaying and floating in a tumultuous void, I was wearing a robe and felt the cloth flapping as I let this transitional phase take me. The robe felt like it was open and I was exposed in front with my *cough :oops: showing, and finally saw something that looked like a stone column of a building. When I touched it I suddenly popped into a vivid lucid dream scene. I was in a city street and I just walked around, letting it all hang out, and the other dream characters looked away as if they were embarrassed. I somehow wandered into what felt like a busy mall setting and I had enough with their reactions so I willed them all to stop and it was like a just snapped my fingers (but with my mind) and they all stopped staring at my at the same time in unison and carried on meandering. (like those zombie type dream characters that just seem to populate the dream).

Then suddenly, without any will on my part, someone came out of the crowd in my direction. She was shorter than me, 5'4" perhaps, seemed like an outgoing type girl, and now that I think about it reminds me of a friend I had in high school.

She said: "Micheal!" (That's my real name.)
I said: "Hi! Do you know about the study?" (I'm taking part in a dream character study)

She said: "No."
I said: "Do you know what a dream character is?"

She said: "Yes." (but a little hesitant and uncertain.
I said: "Do you think you are a dream character?"

She said: "Yes."
I said: "Do you think I am a dream character?"

She said: "Yes."
I asked: "What do you represent [in this dream]?"

She said: "The cutting edge of fashion and business."
I said: "There are more questions I was going to ask, but I forget them. I'm going to go have some fun [in this lucid dream]."

Just before I left I asked: "Isn't it interesting that we both share the same mind, but neither of us get full access to it?"
Now she had turned into a male form and said: Doesn't it feel like you are on to something big?"

I felt a grin from ear to ear curl on my face and I walked away saying something like, I can't talk now, but later we will again........

I feel like she represents the opposite of me that is my other half that complements me. I am neither fashionable or a go-getter-business type person. But perhaps I am and she was that half of myself. I'm not going to start my own fashion magazine after this, but I think the personality that motivates here is worth thinking about.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 13:51

HAGART wrote: I was swaying and floating in a tumultuous void, I was wearing a robe and felt the cloth flapping as I let this transitional phase take me. The robe felt like it was open and I was exposed in front with my *cough :oops: showing, and finally saw something that looked like a stone column of a building.

:lol: that is what you get from going to bed naked.

I was in a city street and I just walked around, letting it all hang out, and the other dream characters looked away as if they were embarrassed. I somehow wandered into what felt like a busy mall setting and I had enough with their reactions so I willed them all to stop and it was like a just snapped my fingers (but with my mind) and they all stopped staring at my at the same time in unison and carried on meandering.

You could of punished them for looking away by making them be your sex slaves. (I think my mind is a bit warped tonight). :twisted:
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”