DC's hijack my LD's and problems with dreamscapes

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
beadietux

DC's hijack my LD's and problems with dreamscapes

Postby beadietux » 25 Jan 2013 01:09

I know that I'm the one letting the DC's do this since it's my subconscious, etc., but it's so annoying that each of my last LD's have turned into regular dreams because I lost focus and allowed myself to get too distracted by a DC and then the DC's ramblings took over and I lost lucidity. I really want to talk to DC's and it took a while to get to a point where I would remember to stop and talk to them in my LD's, and now that I am doing it, my LD experience is getting screwed up! Anyone else ever had this problem? I'm also still totally unable to control my dreamscape. The stuff that Rebecca writes about visualizing a dreamscape and then just popping into it has NEVER worked for me. I pop into LD's and just take what I get! Sometimes it's nothing - just blackness. Most of the time it's my own apartment and then I walk outside and it just turns into a random street scene. When I try to change it, it just doesn't work, and I get frustrated.

lucidinthe sky

Re: DC's hijack my LD's and problems with dreamscapes

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Jan 2013 04:59

I sometimes have problems when talking with DCs, but it does depend on what I ask or discuss. The most important thing is to make sure the LD is stable and don't do anything that you think will destabilize it. I try to careful with DCs at this point and just ask them about themselves, not questions like "what is the meaning of life" or things like that. Maybe I'll get to that point someday, but not yet.

beadietux wrote:The stuff that Rebecca writes about visualizing a dreamscape and then just popping into it has NEVER worked for me. I pop into LD's and just take what I get! Sometimes it's nothing - just blackness.

It doesn't work for me either, nor have I been able to control anything other than my own movements in a dream. But my LDs are anything but boring. I may not set the dream scenes, but they are usually better and more imaginative than anything I could come up with anyway. I would never even think of some of the settings my dreams have. They never cease to amaze me in both variety and creativity. To me it's far more awesome to have dreams that are 100% as real as waking life. So what if you can't control the dream? That's only part of the experience, and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't effect the quality of the experience at all.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 25 Jan 2013 14:56

lucidinthe sky wrote:But my LDs are anything but boring. I may not set the dream scenes, but they are usually better and more imaginative than anything I could come up with anyway.

Lucky you! My dreamscapes are totally boring. Once I decided to fly into space and even that was boring! The planets were like model pieces and were labeled and there were no stars and just drab colors...I couldn't believe that my subconscious even managed to make space exploration dull! haha. Oh well...

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 25 Jan 2013 14:57

To continue...BUT the whole LD experience is still very exciting no matter how boring my dreamscapes are. The flying, the total freedom...it's like nothing you can experience in waking life.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Jan 2013 01:11

beadietux wrote: I pop into LD's and just take what I get!

I do the same. Whenever I know I am about to lucid dream from that period preceding one, (H.I., S.P., vibrations, whatever it is called), I can't will the environment to be what I want. When I get there I usually say to myself, "Whatever, at least I'm in." And most often it is somewhere in my house or a house of some kind. I can go to a door and will a dreamscape on the other side, but with little success. I may have willed the environment or dreamscape once or twice, but most of the time I just take what I get.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Jan 2013 01:41

At this point in my lucid dreaming journey, I like to let the dream take me where it wants and my role is observer and student. The dream has it's own mission and plan and I am trying to keep a farily low profile and watch the process unfold, trying to learn as much as possible and experience the maximum I can. Also to make the dream last as long as possible. So far this is giving me great results and very amazing experiences.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Vaellian

Postby Vaellian » 01 Feb 2013 00:18

So if you guys just watch and observe. do you have like an objective that's randomly placed in your head? like how do you follow the dream? do you just walk around aimlessly until something happens?

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 01 Feb 2013 01:19

Mine still don't last a real long time. Most about 5 mins, some as long as 7 or 8, I think. Since I know that I can control my own actions, I play around at first - fly, put my hands through walls, jump and leap and float just to see what I can do. Then I usually seek out a DC to talk to, though I will be cautious about that from now on, and then mine always end accidentally because I lose focus. I'm working on that.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 03 Feb 2013 11:26

beadietux wrote:I'm also still totally unable to control my dreamscape. The stuff that Rebecca writes about visualizing a dreamscape and then just popping into it has NEVER worked for me. I pop into LD's and just take what I get! Sometimes it's nothing - just blackness. Most of the time it's my own apartment and then I walk outside and it just turns into a random street scene. When I try to change it, it just doesn't work, and I get frustrated.

There are loads of different ways to generate a lucid dreamscape. You'll learn best from experience and simple trial and error.

Last night, I was exploring a hotel - being nosey and bursting into different rooms to see what the dream characters were up to. It was quite impulsive and silly. Then a hotel staff member came up to me, telling me I should please leave. His name tag said "Id" (no joke)...

Several hotel guests starting coming out of their rooms and chasing me angrily around the halls for invading their privacy! Feeling the need to escape, I locked myself in the janitor's closet and closed my eyes and visualized a new dream scene. When I opened them, I was still in the hotel. Damn! I was only semi-lucid (which explains my impulsive probing behavior) and unable to focus properly. I increased my lucidity by reminding myself I was dreaming and in full control and closed my eyes again, re-visualizing a swimming pool scene.

This time, the swimming pool emerged from the darkness, like a WILD. It was like a MovieMaker transition effect, a repeating pattern of blobs, a mini acid trip. And once my dream vision was fully committed to that scene, it let go of the hotel scene and I didn't even need to open my eyes again, I was already there with eyes open. After that I went swimming and did all kinds of tricks... it was awesome...
Attachments
dream-scene-transition.jpg
Lucid Dream Scene Transition
dream-scene-transition.jpg (63.33 KiB) Viewed 1422 times

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 03 Feb 2013 11:35

lucidinthe sky wrote:I may not set the dream scenes, but they are usually better and more imaginative than anything I could come up with anyway. I would never even think of some of the settings my dreams have. They never cease to amaze me in both variety and creativity.

When I deliberately set a scene, I think of a location generically - such as mountains, a beach, another planet - and draw broad lines in my mind's eye (the horizon), or think of a certain texture (sand). My dreaming self quickly creates the details around it. This way, even though I have apparently "dictated" the nature of the dreamscene, it can still be mindblowing and creative and totally surprising....

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”