WILD question

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
TheMahlan

WILD question

Postby TheMahlan » 04 Feb 2013 15:19

So last night I was attempting the WILD technique while also listening to some lucid dreaming binaural beats. It was all going well and then something strange happened and idk what to make of it. I've seen some OBE things where they say you exit through the mouth so I was just thinking of that and then this happened. I was laying on my back and then my breathing pattern started to change. I would inhale a lot, then exhale a little. And my body kept doing this over and over so I was exhaling very little and inhaling a lot of oxygen. My chest started to rise up too. After about 30 seconds it became very uncomfortable so I tried to change my breathing to exhale more. I slowly started letting more air out and my chest sank back down. I opened my eyes and did a RC and I wasn't dreaming but idk if I was during that fiasco. My heart rate was up and then I went and tried to sleep normally. Any comments on what happened. Thanks

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

TheMahlan

Re: WILD question

Postby TheMahlan » 06 Feb 2013 22:20

Suggestions? Comments?

Ryan

Re: WILD question

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2013 21:39

TheMahlan wrote:So last night I was attempting the WILD technique while also listening to some lucid dreaming binaural beats. It was all going well and then something strange happened and idk what to make of it. I've seen some OBE things where they say you exit through the mouth so I was just thinking of that and then this happened. I was laying on my back and then my breathing pattern started to change. I would inhale a lot, then exhale a little. And my body kept doing this over and over so I was exhaling very little and inhaling a lot of oxygen. My chest started to rise up too. After about 30 seconds it became very uncomfortable so I tried to change my breathing to exhale more. I slowly started letting more air out and my chest sank back down. I opened my eyes and did a RC and I wasn't dreaming but idk if I was during that fiasco. My heart rate was up and then I went and tried to sleep normally. Any comments on what happened. Thanks

It kind of sounds like your body was falling asleep and your autonomous breathing had begun to kick in. It's normal. It happens to you every single night you fall asleep, but this time you were consciously aware of it. Which is a good thing.

As for the heart rate, it's normal as well. Most believe it's not REALLY your heart.

Anyway, all this means is that you need to continue doing what you're doing... because you're doing it right! :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”