Just found this forum!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
j.one

Just found this forum!

Postby j.one » 06 Feb 2013 22:43

I've been lucid dreaming for quite some time and getting better and better at it. I'm so excited to have found a forum with other people who are as passionate about this topic as I am! Can't wait to interact with you all more.
--
Josh B.

luciddreamer49

Re: Just found this forum!

Postby luciddreamer49 » 06 Feb 2013 22:51

j.one wrote:I've been lucid dreaming for quite some time and getting better and better at it. I'm so excited to have found a forum with other people who are as passionate about this topic as I am! Can't wait to interact with you all more.

Hey!:) I've been practicing for a few months now. Do you have any tips?:) how did you become lucid?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Feb 2013 00:02

Hi J.one!

You remind me of me when I first joined. I was already lucid dreaming and just needed a place to talk about it because nobody I knew in life understood what I was talking about. I found this site very helpful. I've learned more than any book could teach me.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

j.one

Postby j.one » 07 Feb 2013 14:37

HAGART wrote:Hi J.one!

You remind me of me when I first joined. I was already lucid dreaming and just needed a place to talk about it because nobody I knew in life understood what I was talking about. I found this site very helpful. I've learned more than any book could teach me.

Oh my goodness, lucid dreaming jokes! That's a new one for me :D Hagart, that is EXACTLY how I feel. People respond with things like "wow" and "really?!", but nobody ever really can share in discussing the experiences. How did you begin to lucid dream and when? Have you had any lately?
--
Josh B.

j.one

Postby j.one » 07 Feb 2013 14:44

luciddreamer49 wrote:
j.one wrote:I've been lucid dreaming for quite some time and getting better and better at it. I'm so excited to have found a forum with other people who are as passionate about this topic as I am! Can't wait to interact with you all more.

Hey!:) I've been practicing for a few months now. Do you have any tips?:) how did you become lucid?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Hi there! It appears that there are numerous articles on the website here related to lucid dreaming. I'm not sure what to say regarding tips. The most lucid I have ever been happened after waking up one morning before I had to get out of bed. I began thinking about being lucid as I drifted back to sleep and the thought stayed with me all the way into the dream. I've read that those afternoon naps or times when you wake in the morning but can go back to sleep are some of the easiest ways to enter the dream state while remaining aware. It seems to me, though, that just thinking about it throughout the day on a regular basis, and especially before going to bed/while you're lying in bed before falling asleep are the things that help the most. To varying degrees, I am at the point that I am always aware that I'm dreaming, but for whatever reasons, I can't always take control of the dream. Last night, for example, I knew I was dreaming while dreaming and even thought about this website, but it didn't translate into one of those awesome experiences when you can take complete control, you know?

What about you? How did you get into lucidity and such?!
--
Josh B.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Feb 2013 00:19

I had lucid dreams from time to time for a long time and it started to snowball as if lucid dreams create more lucid dreams and deeper ones at that.
j.one wrote:It seems to me, though, that just thinking about it throughout the day on a regular basis, and especially before going to bed/while you're lying in bed before falling asleep are the things that help the most.
I think that is the reason why. If you lucid dream often you expect it to happen and the very intent of having one makes it happen. It's hard to tell somebody who has never lucid dreamed before what I did to make it happen in the first place. It just sorta happened over time getting progressively deeper, longer, and more frequent. It can happen naturally for some people and not for others and I don't know the magic formula
j.one wrote:The most lucid I have ever been happened after waking up one morning before I had to get out of bed. I began thinking about being lucid as I drifted back to sleep and the thought stayed with me all the way into the dream.
. For me too. Most lucid dreams happen after a brief period of being awake, yet your body is still ready to sleep, and when you drift back to bed you remain alert enough to lucid dream or notice something odd in the dream and realize it (DILD <before I joined I never new that term).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

j.one

Postby j.one » 19 Feb 2013 22:26

Yes, that last part about waking up but still being sleepy and then falling back asleep is when I've had good success with entering nice, long and controlled dreams. I'm writing a research paper about it right now to model an exploratory essay for my students at Drexel; I think reading more about it will keep it fresh in my mind at night. I'm reading an interesting article right now, too, about the psychological and physiological reasons for dreaming. Cool stuff!
--
Josh B.

Return to “For Beginners”