Dream Character I.L.D.

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
KylePK

Dream Character I.L.D.

Postby KylePK » 06 Feb 2013 07:44

So last night I had this idea. A dream character that would alert you of your dreaming state, and help you become conscious and then lucid. Kind of like in Inception, when Cobb makes his target aware of the dream state he is in. Does anyone have any ideas on how one might engineer a specific character to play that role? I think it would be very cool to actually create a character who could play this specific role. Thoughts?
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

LucidLeon

Re: Dream Character I.L.D.

Postby LucidLeon » 07 Feb 2013 12:59

It's an interesting idea, but in order to manifest such a character you'd have to already be conscious inside your dreamscape, right? :P I have trouble seeing how you could "engineer" such a character to appear in your regular dreams.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 07 Feb 2013 22:17

KylePK wrote:Does anyone have any ideas on how one might engineer a specific character to play that role? I think it would be very cool to actually create a character who could play this specific role. Thoughts?

It sounds easy, but due to my LD success/fail ratio I don't know. It's definately worth a try though. Here's how I would do it: Pick a character from you're favorite movie, show or video game and remind yourself you're intending to see that character in a dream. And hopefully you'll see that character, remember you wanted to find them, and become lucid.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 09 Feb 2013 20:25

LucidLeon wrote:It's an interesting idea, but in order to manifest such a character you'd have to already be conscious inside your dreamscape, right? :P I have trouble seeing how you could "engineer" such a character to appear in your regular dreams.

True. It would be difficult.

Guitar48300 wrote:Here's how I would do it: Pick a character from you're favorite movie, show or video game and remind yourself you're intending to see that character in a dream. And hopefully you'll see that character, remember you wanted to find them, and become lucid.

Thats not a bad way to go about it, probably more practical :P
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2013 22:36

KylePK wrote:So last night I had this idea. A dream character that would alert you of your dreaming state, and help you become conscious and then lucid. Kind of like in Inception, when Cobb makes his target aware of the dream state he is in. Does anyone have any ideas on how one might engineer a specific character to play that role? I think it would be very cool to actually create a character who could play this specific role. Thoughts?

The only things I could suggest is meditate on such an occurrence and as you're falling asleep at night, repeat a statement something to that effect.

That's all I have for ya. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”