Loud wind in my ears

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

Loud wind in my ears

Postby Ella151 » 06 Feb 2013 07:45

I always take about an hour to fall asleep when I go to bed. Last night, 2/4/13, I was tossing and turning as usual trying to get comfortable, trying to turn off my brain and just go to sleep. I felt like I was still wide- awake and almost instantly, my whole body became heavy, like all the muscles relaxed all at once. I felt like my mind was still alert, though. Suddenly, it sounded like I was in a wind tunnel, or something. It was like wind was rushing through my ears and it was so loud it was terrifying. I tried to sit up to figure out what was going on but I could not move at all. I couldn’t even open my eyes. All I wanted to do was make the noise stop. Even though I was paralyzed and frightened, I also felt sexually aroused. I felt a jolt through my body and then I was able to open my eyes and the noise stopped. It felt like I was vibrating/ pulsating from my head to my toes and I was afraid to go back to sleep but my body still felt heavy and I was too tired to move, even though I wanted to get up. Suddenly it was like I was pulled back to sleep instantly and the noise started again. Like before, I could not open my eyes or move and I was petrified. I jolted awake again and the entire process repeated itself once more before I was able to fall asleep for real. After the second time that it happened, I saw a young girl chewing on my blanket. She was staring at me with huge green eyes, her skin was gray, her teeth were broken and black and her hair was very thin, black and wirey. I wasn’t as afraid of her as I was of the noises because I knew that I had imagined her. This has been happening like once every two months (minus the visual of the girl, I only saw her this time.) Does anyone else hear the terrifying wind when they try to fall asleep?

Re: Loud wind in my ears

Postby Intrepid » 06 Feb 2013 13:27

Those would be the tell-tale signs of sleep paralysis. It's the half-way point between asleep and awake in which your body is beginning to shut down your motor skills that the sounds and sensations are most common. I've heard phantom voices, vibrations, wind, doors shutting...it's unique and amazing. Embrace it :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Re: Loud wind in my ears

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Feb 2013 16:04

Sounds like you are on the verge of having an astral projection (out of body experience). Ive got the wind experience like that when im about to OBE. I too find that wind very unsettling. (even worst it at times starts pelting things at me which hurt as they hit). If you can ignore it and relax.. you may find yourself out and able to go and explore astral plane.

The little girl.. is probably just one of the images which come between the sleep/wake states as the other poster said. (Ive forgotten now exactly the name for those images)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”