Have you had a Dream like this?? Help!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jeremy1113
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 09:40

Have you had a Dream like this?? Help!

Postby jeremy1113 » 07 Feb 2013 09:50

OK so here is my dream I just had and would appreciate it if you can tell me what you think.

I became lucid somehow in a dream, my goal was to have a conversation with my dream characters after watching the movie Waking Life. So when I began asking them questions they started telling me things like it was forbidden or they aren't “allowed" to have conversations with me and things like that. At one point one dream character dragged another character out of the scene so she wouldn't talk to me. Now this has happened before in a different lucid dream where I tried having a conversation with a construction worker and he sprayed me off with a water hose. (I wasn't asking regular questions such as how was your day or anything like that. I was trying to ask them questions like how does it feel to be a dream characters or why we dream.)

So back to the recent dream. Then after asking several people, one guy came up to me and said that he will talk but we have to go to his house, notice I am completing lucid still. So while we were driving I kept asking him why dream characters weren't allowed to have conversations with me, and the only response he gave me was "because it would change everything". At this point I'm a little freaked out to what that meant exactly. Once we get to his house I noticed down the street that there was a guy setting up his sniper rifle, yes that that's right a sniper rifle, they were trying to kill me to wake me up on purpose like the movie Inception. So they came after me and they first killed the dream character that had agreed to talk to me, then they shot me, and I felt real pain, I was in so much pain that I just tried to completely get out by flying into the air. But finally I woke up.

All I can think of when I awoke was his words "it would change everything". I have a lamp right next to by bed and so I tried turning it on but there was some issue, so I got up and tried to turn on another lamp but that too was having issue. I think to myself I'm still dreaming so I tried to fly out but failed. I'm confused at this point so I go downstairs where my dad was watching TV and noticed the alarm system completely messed up and when I woke my dad up he said that my appearance was different and that I had a Jerri Curl. Now I’m really freaking out thinking that I had change the real world. But then I finally woke up.

My Questions: What do you think about this, have you ever tried to have a lucid conversation with your dream characters before?
Why do you think my dream characters weren't "allowed" to talk?
My last question, should I pursue this inside my dream again or just leave it alone, since this can possibly make me go insane or something.

Thanks guys.

User avatar
j.one
Posts: 7
Joined: 06 Feb 2013 22:23
Location: PA

Re: Have you had a Dream like this?? Help!

Postby j.one » 07 Feb 2013 15:05

Damn...I just typed out a loonnnnnng response and accidentally erased the whole thing when I tried to post it!

Quickly, and minus all the detail, I have told my dream characters that they were not real before, and I've even proven it to them by analyzing clock faces or signs or mirrors and such. They never respond when I tell them that. They don't try and take me out like the ones in yours did, they just ignore what I'm saying, only talking to me about whatever doesn't have to do with the reality that they are actually just in my mind.

I wonder if they don't respond or try and stop you from discussing it because of the brain's psychological/physiological needs (i.e., it "wants" to rest and not be as active while we sleep); maybe interacting with dream characters on this level is too much work for our brains to take?

One more thing: there was a character in my dream who, like yours, seemed to know more than everyone else in the dream. It almost seemed like he was from outside of the dream, as he was watching everything from a distance throughout, silently, until I asked him who he was and where he was from. He had an air of authority that was different from the other dream characters.
--
Josh B.

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Have you had a Dream like this?? Help!

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Feb 2013 16:28

I have issues with my dream characters too. They usually wont talk to me eg rudely turn their backs on me and walk off or just refuse to speak or aknowledge me when I start asking them things.

I wonder in your case if it was just cause the questions you were asking.. caused then a part of yourself trying to protect your own dream characters as by trying to bring up or make them say they arent real.. possibly that would be to actually destroy them???.. as one may not be able to have something in existance say it doesnt exist. I dont know but that is a guess.

I cant see a safety issue of persuing this further... at the worst..they can probably only give you a LD nightmare. Any troublesome LD characters it is quite possible to just do away with them or go and change them into more pleasant things. (turn them to butterflies or something).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jeremy1113
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 09:40

Re: Have you had a Dream like this?? Help!

Postby jeremy1113 » 07 Feb 2013 22:47

j.one wrote:One more thing: there was a character in my dream who, like yours, seemed to know more than everyone else in the dream. It almost seemed like he was from outside of the dream, as he was watching everything from a distance throughout, silently, until I asked him who he was and where he was from. He had an air of authority that was different from the other dream characters.

Yes that's what I felt about this dream character I had, like he knew more than the others, I've really been thinking about what he would have told me if the other dream characters wouldn't of come and ruined the whole thing.

taniaaust1 wrote:I have issues with my dream characters too. They usually wont talk to me eg rudely turn their backs on me and walk off or just refuse to speak or aknowledge me when I start asking them things.

Yea I wonder why this is. If it is not a lucid dream then they will talk but as soon as it turns into a LD they seem to not what to engage anymore. Very interesting.

Thanks for the Comments.

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Have you had a Dream like this?? Help!

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Feb 2013 23:18

I personally think when that happens also we often may have some kind of block (unless this is normal??) eg some part of us doesnt want them to talk for some reason. In my case my block I think is to do with that I dont like others telling me too much as I like to find out and learn things for myself... I love the "journey" of things rather then straight easy answers. I find the whole "they wont talk to me thing" kind of amusing too thou frustrating as heck (so maybe its like also a game to some part of myself). It could also be some kind of subconscious self sabortage on your dream goals.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
j.one
Posts: 7
Joined: 06 Feb 2013 22:23
Location: PA

Re: Have you had a Dream like this?? Help!

Postby j.one » 19 Feb 2013 22:33

jeremy1113 wrote:
j.one wrote:One more thing: there was a character in my dream who, like yours, seemed to know more than everyone else in the dream. It almost seemed like he was from outside of the dream, as he was watching everything from a distance throughout, silently, until I asked him who he was and where he was from. He had an air of authority that was different from the other dream characters.

Yes that's what I felt about this dream character I had, like he knew more than the others, I've really been thinking about what he would have told me if the other dream characters wouldn't of come and ruined the whole thing.

taniaaust1 wrote:I have issues with my dream characters too. They usually wont talk to me eg rudely turn their backs on me and walk off or just refuse to speak or aknowledge me when I start asking them things.

Yea I wonder why this is. If it is not a lucid dream then they will talk but as soon as it turns into a LD they seem to not what to engage anymore. Very interesting.

Thanks for the Comments.


Are you able to control your surroundings when you are lucid? I think you should experiment with doing the same thing, but this time, just control the characters trying to attack you, as you know that they are in your mind with the dream. Does that make sense?
--
Josh B.

User avatar
tea
Posts: 366
Joined: 22 Feb 2013 12:36

Re: Have you had a Dream like this?? Help!

Postby tea » 26 Feb 2013 12:30

hey! i've opened a thread about a specific dream character and wanted to ask if you could check it out and tell me whether the guy who wanted to help you looked like this person..

here's the link: http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3357

thanks!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/



Return to “General Lucid Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest