Sleeping on cue

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ShadowStar889

Sleeping on cue

Postby ShadowStar889 » 05 Feb 2013 01:52

Ok, I know I've been the author of many stupid questions in the past, but please bear with me.

I read on WebMD that if you lack sleep, you go straight into the vivid dreaming state. Is this advisable for lucid dream attempts, and if so, how many hours of sleep do I need to deprive myself of? (I'm 14.)
Three Laws of Emotion
1. People who are happy tend to stay happy unless acted on by an outside force.
2. Happiness = Optimism*Event
3. For every change in emotion a person feels, there is an unequal and opposite reaction in the people around them.

taniaaust1

Re: Sleeping on cue

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Feb 2013 00:24

This can either work for you or against you. Some if they are sleep deprived, just go and fall into a very deep sleep in which they then come to and remember nothing at all. To tired to use will power to get in and maintain a LD.

As far as sleep deprivation and exhaustion goes to get me into a LD or OBE state.. once it took a 100km marathon event and no sleep for 38 hrs!! (I was almost hallucinating by that point).

Its best just to set your alarm in the early hours of morning.. wake yourself up and then let yourself go back to sleep all the while trying to keep your waking consciousness (it can take a lot of focus). Dont do that that if you have school in the morning. I dont suggest sleep deprivation at all ..all you need is the right relaxed, sleepy kind of state but one in which you can still hold a focus as you drift off to sleep.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”