What does Sleep Paralysis feel like...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Teh_Fuhrer

What does Sleep Paralysis feel like...

Postby Teh_Fuhrer » 01 Aug 2011 09:27

I know what most people say about what it feels like, but if someone can give me a more detailed explanation of what Sleep paralysis feels like...

Peter

Re: What does Sleep Paralysis feel like...

Postby Peter » 01 Aug 2011 11:54

At its worst for me it feels like you cannot move and are as it says paralyzed. There also convincing feelings of a presence on my back pushing me into the bed.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 01 Aug 2011 17:09

for me, i lose feeling of everything below my head, as if the only part of me is the location of my mind which feels like my head. Basically I just become a floating head because I can't feel anything below my neck.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 02 Aug 2011 00:43

Is there a way to tell when you are close to SP? I have been trying WILDs for the past week or so and I can't even get to the sleep paralysis state. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The mind is a beautiful thing

DAZ_XT950

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 02 Aug 2011 00:46

I'm the same as Bleekman117, only haven't been trying as long as that.

tjippen

Postby tjippen » 03 Aug 2011 17:35

for me its horrible, i wake up, knowing its a SP since my body is kind of vibrating.
I feel all of my body but my muscles is on an infant level, in a grown up body. So im too weak to move at all.
I always try as hard as i can to move my toes or whatever, just to break out of the SP.
It takes me about 30 seconds to do that.

And if i try to just go with it, the vibrations goes to the point that its just too much.

Off topic:
Is SP good for lucid dreaming? i've always experienced it as a horrible way to wake up, and i always try to break out from it.

and to bleekman, Life is too short... Forgive quickly, love unconditionally, live to the fullest extent of life, and most importantly... Dream lucidly! that has to be the wisest words i've ever heard

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 03 Aug 2011 18:18

SP is the step right before you enter LD. Don't fear it, love it!

tjippen

Postby tjippen » 03 Aug 2011 21:20

rdubya wrote:SP is the step right before you enter LD. Don't fear it, love it!

huh, i've always got abit of a panic attack since i cant move.
and i've had 100's of those, which blows since i could of had 100's of LDs :\

Thanks though, i'll embrace the next one :)

gprime

Postby gprime » 06 Aug 2011 07:45

for me it comes on kinda suddenly when im in a certain state of mind while lying in bed. ill just suddenly realize that i cant move. (at first it was scary, but i just let it happen a few times, and then i got used to it) it feels kinda like your whole body is getting pushed into the bed so you can move. if i want to only experience sleep paralysis and not actually fall asleep ill wiggle my pinky and wake my body up and then go back into it.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 07 Aug 2011 04:28

For everybody who can get into SP regularly, instead of going into an LD, try closing your eyes and sitting up or rolling out of your body. Its the easiest way to induce a OBE!
The mind is a beautiful thing

Return to “For Beginners”