Am I going mad?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Hancock

Am I going mad?

Postby Hancock » 08 Feb 2013 21:30

Hi, I stumbled on this form whilst looking for answer to my question on the internet.

I occasionally keep getting partial flashbacks to past dreams during the day, the flashback only last for a few seconds, but then seconds later I am unable to recall exactly what I was remembering, only very small fragments.

I hope this make sense, am I going crazy?

HAGART

Re: Am I going mad?

Postby HAGART » 08 Feb 2013 22:10

If you are mad then so am I.

I make a habit of remembering my dreams in the morning, but I don't remember it all. Then suddenly out of nowhere in the afternoon I suddenly remember a detail of a dream, and the premise, but not the whole thing. And sometimes, in the evening, as I am starting to get sleepy, I start to remember a ton of dreams. Just flashes and I remember the tid-bits of them as they flash in my 'mind's eye'. I say to my self, "I remember that one, and oh, yea, that one, oh, and then there was this one!" And they all come flooding back!

I don't think your crazy, but if you are, so am I and we are not alone!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 08 Feb 2013 22:47

This exact thing happens to me too. Sometimes the flashbacks are so strong I'll stop walking to try and remember them, but they only last a second or two.
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Feb 2013 11:26

Not strange at all thou I dont get that.... I do at times get "daydreams" Not flashbacks but snippets of short dreams while I are awake doing things (it thou dont happen to me often and they never last long enough to really affect what Im doing.. there and gone again before I know it.. on rare occassions I can remember them.. like something just flicking throu the mind and for a short moment, I'd been elsewhere).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Hancock

Postby Hancock » 09 Feb 2013 13:28

Thanks for the reply's, I just find it a bit unnerving when it happens.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 09 Feb 2013 19:07

I do the exact same thing too...

I'll be at school and we'll be reading something in a textbook and out of the blue I see a word or it just randomly hits me, I remember last nights dream. Then I keep with it and by the time I get home I've remembered the whole dream and all the details, sounds, etc. so I write them down.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2013 21:25

Hancock wrote:Hi, I stumbled on this form whilst looking for answer to my question on the internet.

I occasionally keep getting partial flashbacks to past dreams during the day, the flashback only last for a few seconds, but then seconds later I am unable to recall exactly what I was remembering, only very small fragments.

I hope this make sense, am I going crazy?

HA! Yeah, you're definitely NOT going crazy. :)

It's just how our memory retention seems to work.

Try this:
Upon waking up first thing in the morning, just lie there for a few minutes... attempt to recall as much of what you were just experiencing as possible. Remember in as much detail as you can. Then, if you're able... write it down. :)

Over the course of weeks/months, this will improve your dream recall.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

NovemberRain2

Postby NovemberRain2 » 18 Feb 2013 23:35

I do that all the time! Especially when something's prompted it. Like if I had a dream about my dogs and I walk downstairs and I see my dogs the dream just comes shooting back at me. It's kind of similar to the feeling I get when I realize I'm dreaming!
~Holmes~

yoso

Postby yoso » 25 Feb 2013 04:29

This happens to me all the time when i'm meditating or attemping a WILD.

Return to “For Beginners”