Hi there, a couple of questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Way

Hi there, a couple of questions

Postby Way » 03 Aug 2011 11:10

Hi,

I discovered this forum a few days ago. I first discovered Lucid Dreaming about 30 years ago. Of course back then there was no internet, no computers actually, and very few books on the subject. Also, I never even thought that there would be helpful supplements that could aid LD. At the time, I just read a book and had a LD that night. Back then I found becoming lucid not too difficult.

Then I got married and had to get a proper job. I found recording my dreams made me tired in the mornings so I stopped. More recently, I've had a few short spontaneous LDs and last week decided to try and develop the ability. Since then I've had another two.

So, I have two questions.

1. Does recording dreams in the night make you tired in the mornings, does that ware off eventually as you get better at it?
2. I realised that in my non lucid dreams there always seem to be lot's of other people about, but in my LDs I seem to always be alone. Is this normal?

I wana speak D:

Re: Hi there, a couple of questions

Postby I wana speak D: » 03 Aug 2011 13:20

why don't you ask your subconscious mind in lucid dream why you are alone?
I bet he will answer you ;)

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 03 Aug 2011 16:56

I've had both types of LD, with people and without. How long do yours last?

I do not feel tired when I record dream journals, so I can't be much help there. I always record mine AS SOON as i wake up, so I am tired anyway, still in zombie mode. Then I shower and start waking up. Just set your alarm 15 minutes earlier than normal and record the dreams. If you are serious about wanting to LD, it isn't much of a difficult sacrifice.

But don't worry, we all get lazy from time to time...I haven't recorded any this week, but my recall is still okay. Kind of like skipping the gym for a week. You will be okay, but don't miss another week!

Way

Postby Way » 03 Aug 2011 17:43

rdubya wrote:I've had both types of LD, with people and without. How long do yours last?

I do not feel tired when I record dream journals, so I can't be much help there. I always record mine AS SOON as i wake up, so I am tired anyway, still in zombie mode. Then I shower and start waking up. Just set your alarm 15 minutes earlier than normal and record the dreams. If you are serious about wanting to LD, it isn't much of a difficult sacrifice.

But don't worry, we all get lazy from time to time...I haven't recorded any this week, but my recall is still okay. Kind of like skipping the gym for a week. You will be okay, but don't miss another week!

Hi rdubya

I'm not sure how long they last, but the ones that I've had this week are longer than before as I've started trying to make them so. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 20-30 minutes.

I record the dreams, lucid or not, as soon as they are finished. I wake up and record what I can on a voice recorder and go back to sleep, then in the morning I write them up in a Word document.

I'm not concerned re the lack of people, I just thought it was a bit odd. Maybe I'll make an effort to add some next time! :)

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 03 Aug 2011 18:20

Perhaps try going to an area that is populated. fly high then come back down to a city!

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Aug 2011 20:55

I am always tired so but that is better that being exhausted so I don’t sweat to much. I also have two sleep periods and wake up about 1ish and then a few hours later. I record most dreams in the morning and simply put a few key points in my head each time I wake up - just dwell in them for a moment and that seems to be enough.
No people get the same. Sometimes there are crowds and sometimes there are not. The longer dreams seem to have only one of two people and a lot of dialogue and the shorter dreams more people and not so much time. No rhyme or reason that I can see for this

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Way

Postby Way » 04 Aug 2011 14:57

Peter wrote:I am always tired so but that is better that being exhausted so I don’t sweat to much. I also have two sleep periods and wake up about 1ish and then a few hours later. I record most dreams in the morning and simply put a few key points in my head each time I wake up - just dwell in them for a moment and that seems to be enough.
No people get the same. Sometimes there are crowds and sometimes there are not. The longer dreams seem to have only one of two people and a lot of dialogue and the shorter dreams more people and not so much time. No rhyme or reason that I can see for this

Peter

Humm....next time I have a LD, I'll try and see some other people - if I remember!

Return to “For Beginners”