Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
HAGART

Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby HAGART » 08 Feb 2013 01:33

Although I like to be intellectual with dream characters and I am becoming more and more respectful, I must admit sometimes I kill them or just toy with them like a juvenile. Although I can get great insight from lucid dreams with a rational 'adult' brain, sometimes I just become a kid again and toy with that reality as if I have a god-complex. And the dream characters suffer the consequences.

Sometimes it is as simple as holding your finger and thumb up to your 'eye' and then squeezing which snuffs them out of existence. Or telekinetically lifting them off the ground a foot or so from a distance just to see their reaction and toy with them. Or I have even lifted them higher and let them fall to their 'death'. Or to another extreme, one time I was in a classroom and became lucid and willed the teacher to vanish. He didn't vanish right away but grabbed on to my forearms in desperation and I felt like he truly didn't want to die, but I made him disappear anyway and he turned into a cloud of blue and black. And as he disappeared I felt a strong remorse.

I've been a bad boy sometimes in lucid dreams, but I feel like I can't be the only one. And this sort of stuff stems from a feeling of frustration or anger which, being human, we feel sometimes and lucid dreams absorb emotions like a sponge and project it in ways we can sense. Not all lucid dreams are spiritually, or intellectually enlightening.

YET, understanding why WE (hopefully not just I) do this sometimes shines a light on ourselves and isn't that the definition of enlightening?

(But any gruesome anecdotes are welcome too! :twisted: ) ( I have some....)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby HAGART » 08 Feb 2013 01:47

Whenever we get rid of a dream character by whatever means, it is because we don't want them there. But you must ask yourself why? And then you learn more about yourself.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Feb 2013 08:45

I do from time to time and it does not bother me as it is rare and the driving thought is just a simple "needs to be done" so I get rid of the offender. I think it should be taken in the context that when we change scenes we destroy entire worlds so again its all in the perception of the dreamer. Destroy the DC or destroy the world they live in - and the interesting point here is the ones that keep on keeping on and live in all realms.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 08 Feb 2013 09:23

Yes, usually with weapons. In real life I've usually killed with guns, traps or my bare hands, but in dreams I normally kill with white arms (swords and knives), very rarely I use magic. My most recent kills were of turtles whose heads I was snipping off. I did not know what I was snipping and was shocking when I saw they were live turtles-pretty gross to be killing without even knowing it and for no reason.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidity inv

Postby lucidity inv » 08 Feb 2013 10:55

Not yet but I will in my next lucid dream! :twisted:

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 08 Feb 2013 20:30

WHY? :shock:

jeremy1113

Postby jeremy1113 » 09 Feb 2013 02:28

erichsa wrote:WHY? :shock:

Exactly my question, why in the world would you want to "kill" off , not just your dream characters, but anything?
Hope you will not take these things into the real world.

But to answer your question, no I have never felt the desire to kill. Although I have had the need to interact and get insight into some of these characters, pick there brain, so to speak.

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Feb 2013 04:04

What I keep seeing or reading is waking life values by way of expressions being used or transferred to the dream world. The concept of killing is one as I dont think there is a need to think in terms of killing. I know that gamer will do this but most likely with the same feelings of killing in a game so the emotional content is missing as it is most likely just like a game to them.

If we are literal about the word killing then as I said in another post each time we refocus we kill everything that was there, each time we create a new dream scene we kill what was there and each time we put focus into a new DC the old ones are gone or killed as they no longer exist due to our actions.

Choosing to kill is an interesting issue, self defense - in some countries that is legal. Hunting well that is legal as well, killing for pleasure in the dream may not be so good but are the feelings associated real in anyway, do they carry over to waking life?

I am weary that we will become to judgmental in a thread like this as we each have different goals in dreaming
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 09 Feb 2013 05:01

I had a lucid dream where I battled the leader of a group of guys that was trying to kidnap my sister and cousin. At the end of the fight I sent his own dog to attack and kill him. I remember the dog jumping on him and biting his face off :shock:
What is your definition of reality?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Feb 2013 10:18

Wow.. im shocked at how violent some feel.

I though once attacked and was killing a dream character of my mother. In RL I guess I was rather frustrated with her. The attack of her character in my dream was horrifically violent with me bashing my mothers head into a brick wall over and over and her head was being smashed up with blood going everywhere. When I woke up, I was so shocked I had that dream of doing that too her, the memory of that dream made me feel quite nausous..

The only way ive "destroyed" a DC thou is once when I had a demon character with glowing red eyes in a boat with me. It was in a lucid dream and I could feel such malice coming off the demon character so I destroyed that character by willing the demon into an innocent harmless young boy who could do nothing to anyone and got enjoyment from disabling the demon DC like that.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”