Weird Feelings with WBTB???? Help!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
LCDAnthony

Weird Feelings with WBTB???? Help!

Postby LCDAnthony » 16 Jan 2013 03:44

A question regarding what happens about strange feelings when I fall asleep...

I usually do the Wake Back To Bed on the weekends and now starting the week days. I've noticed that after staying up then when I go back to sleep I sit there for about 10 - 15 minutes trying to fall asleep. After that there is a small gap of unconsciousness, it feels like 30 minutes. Then I go back to this feeling of my body. I don't feel the bed, I don't sense I'm anywhere I know. It's just darkness. I feel as if I hover or a 3rd person perspective of myself. I can't quite put my tongue on the feeling. All I know is that...
1. I try and go to sleep.
2. 'Unconsciousness' for a short while.
3. The feeling of not being in my body.

As I lately started to take note of this bizarre phenomena, I've wondered if I was dreaming.
When I have that feeling of not being in my 'real body' I have this thought when I'm in the state, "Do not move" or "If I move, I'll wake up and have to restart."

Can anyone help me? I have no idea if I just go unconscious for a little and I'm actually still in my bed not dreaming... Thanks!

taniaaust1

Re: Weird Feelings with WBTB???? Help!

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Feb 2013 12:35

Try to do some visualising at that time when you arent sure ..eg think about walking somewhere and imagine you are, think about how it feels to swing your arms.. think about how the sun on you would feel as you walked throu a forest or whatever..... you may be in a LD kind of state consciously but not even aware you are as you arent choosing to try to do something and you may find yourself in a LD if you use your imagination to start something happening. If you see anything strange or feel another different.. focus on that feeling and see where it takes you.

Last night while trying to LD I was imagining I was sitting in a chair, rocking back and forth in it (I'd previously been in that state you are describing). All of a sudden I found I rocked back too much and was going to end up on the floor with the chair flipped back.. at that point as a self preservation thing I thought "up" as I didnt want to fall.. to my surprise I rose up on the chair and went on journey throu the air.

It had been only when the chair rose cause I was afraid to hit the ground, that I become aware that my thoughts of rocking and having a LD had gone real due to the complete unreality of the moment.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ryan

Re: Weird Feelings with WBTB???? Help!

Postby Ryan » 10 Feb 2013 04:21

LCDAnthony wrote:A question regarding what happens about strange feelings when I fall asleep...

I usually do the Wake Back To Bed on the weekends and now starting the week days. I've noticed that after staying up then when I go back to sleep I sit there for about 10 - 15 minutes trying to fall asleep. After that there is a small gap of unconsciousness, it feels like 30 minutes. Then I go back to this feeling of my body. I don't feel the bed, I don't sense I'm anywhere I know. It's just darkness. I feel as if I hover or a 3rd person perspective of myself. I can't quite put my tongue on the feeling. All I know is that...
1. I try and go to sleep.
2. 'Unconsciousness' for a short while.
3. The feeling of not being in my body.

What you're describing here is what some refer to as "The Void".
It's best described as the absence of everything. While in "The Void", there's only your consciousness, nothing else.

You can actually use that state as a launchpad to experience whatever you want. Consider it a "blank slate" for your projections. While there, begin to visualize what you want to do/see/experience. Maybe even just ask some questions. Fellows like Tom Campbell, back in his physicist days, he used to use The Void for doing complex calculations and for debugging programming code... he said he could run through entire sections of code so much faster than he could on a computer screen in the physical. :)

As I lately started to take note of this bizarre phenomena, I've wondered if I was dreaming.
When I have that feeling of not being in my 'real body' I have this thought when I'm in the state, "Do not move" or "If I move, I'll wake up and have to restart."

Can anyone help me? I have no idea if I just go unconscious for a little and I'm actually still in my bed not dreaming... Thanks!

If you're aware of this blackness that you're experiencing, then you'd doing just fine and all of the above applies.

You've simply removed your entire focus from this physical reality. All I can say now is GOOD JOB! :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”