I need advice on facing lucid nightmares please

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kyle8812

I need advice on facing lucid nightmares please

Postby kyle8812 » 09 Feb 2013 07:49

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and have made one post introducing myself. I have been a lucid dreamer since i was seven but almost all of my lucid dreams were to awake from a nightmare. Now that I have become lucid for the first time using these techniques I want to remain in control longer but my first attempt turned into a nightmare and I woke myself up. I was wondering if any of you veterans had any advice/suggestions on what to do the next time my dreams turn. It would be greatly appreciated because I would like to remain lucid longer to explore my mind more. Thank you!

taniaaust1

Re: I need advice on facing lucid nightmares please

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Feb 2013 11:18

Next time faced with a nightmarish situation you need to strongly keep reminding yourself that this is ONLY your dream and being your dream.. it is very possible for you to control it by your thoughts. All you have to do is think hard about how you want the scene to change.

eg I was once in a LD in which I was out in the sea on a small row boat with some DCs. One of those DCs turned glaring at me with glowing red eyes showing such hate and menance.. I knew he was a demon wanting to kill me. He was quite scary and I probably have never felt such intent hate towards me before in my life.

As it was a dream and I didnt want to have to go and wake myself up to get away from him and loose the LD what I did is faced him. So I forced myself to stared right back at him (kept reminding myself I shouldnt be scared as he wasnt really real) he thou just got scarier and scarier looking so I ended up shutting my eyes (not easy when u are scared of the thing sitting across from you) but I shut my eyes so I could concentrate more off of him and it was my own way of saying to myself "Im not going to be scared of you!!" and I thought of instead of a demon sitting across from me wanting to kill me, I thought of a young wee innocent little boy sitting on that seat. When I opened my eyes.. the cutest harmless little boy was sitting there and the demon was gone.

So my advice is 1/ Hold in mind strongly its only a dream and the thing isnt real. Ignore the thing which is scary you.. 2/ Think of a different situation instead.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

kyle8812

Postby kyle8812 » 09 Feb 2013 20:42

Thank you! I will try that the next time I have a Nightmarish LD. I really don't like waking myself up because I'm scared when I could be enjoying the LD world.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2013 21:26

There's really only one way to confront fears such as what your nightmares are based on.

Courage & Love

Just muster up the courage and jump in with Love. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 04:18

Ive never tried this.. but i wonder what would happen if someone had a DC heading at them to attack them.. and if you faced the DC and just said calmly "what in heck do you think you are trying to do!!? do you know you arent really real and just something in my dream?" Wonder how a DC would respond to that confrontation??? Would the DC find it disturbing??

Has anyone done that to know? (maybe that could confuse some of them enough to get them to stop? Without having to go and alter that one?) or confuse by saying to the attacking one.. would u like to come to my birthday party? or give it another ridiculous invite.... (would the whole scene playing out differently confuse the DC?).

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 10 Feb 2013 04:23

taniaaust1 wrote:Ive never tried this.. but i wonder what would happen if someone had a DC heading at them to attack them.. and if you faced the DC and just said calmly "what in heck do you think you are trying to do!!? do you know you arent really real and just something in my dream?" Wonder how a DC would respond to that confrontation??? Would the DC find it disturbing??

Has anyone done that to know? (maybe that could confuse some of them enough to get them to stop? Without having to go and alter that one?) or confuse by saying to the attacking one.. would u like to come to my birthday party? or give it another ridiculous invite.... (would the whole scene playing out differently confuse the DC?).

Amazing things happen when you face the world with Love. :)
But the Intent behind it has to be proper... you have to mean it.
Or join my forums!

kyle8812

Postby kyle8812 » 10 Feb 2013 06:24

taniaaust1 wrote:Ive never tried this.. but i wonder what would happen if someone had a DC heading at them to attack them.. and if you faced the DC and just said calmly "what in heck do you think you are trying to do!!? do you know you arent really real and just something in my dream?" Wonder how a DC would respond to that confrontation??? Would the DC find it disturbing??

That's really interesting! I think I'm going to try that next time. I'll bet my awareness and the dream would completly shift if I were to do this! Great suggestion.

Oneirophile

Postby Oneirophile » 12 Feb 2013 19:23

Here are a few things that I think or say in LDs when confronted with things I'd rather not see:

"Hey, this is *my* lucid dream, I don't want you here, you have no place in it. Behave or leave."

"You're my creation, nothing more. Now I am going to turn you into a ______ which is what I would prefer to see in this lucid dream."

"You're not what I ordered. I wanted a ______ "

Etc.

Best wishes and have fun.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 00:25

Ryan wrote:

Amazing things happen when you face the world with Love. :)
But the Intent behind it has to be proper... you have to mean it.

Yes I agree.. but as a dream isnt real one dont have to use love... all one has to do is BELIEVE one is capable of dealing with the nightmarish thing one is facing. Its belief in ones power and strength while dreaming which can over come the scary stuff in dreams.. all you have to do is think up a sword and go chopping the tigers head off (or whatever it is) and you'll be free of it in a dream (as long as you believe you killed it).

In RL situations thou... yes the power of love is stronger then just believing you are strong and powerful but the power in dreams lays in thought control and beliefs.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 13 Feb 2013 02:17

taniaaust1 wrote:Yes I agree.. but as a dream isnt real one dont have to use love... all one has to do is BELIEVE one is capable of dealing with the nightmarish thing one is facing. Its belief in ones power and strength while dreaming which can over come the scary stuff in dreams.. all you have to do is think up a sword and go chopping the tigers head off (or whatever it is) and you'll be free of it in a dream (as long as you believe you killed it).

In RL situations thou... yes the power of love is stronger then just believing you are strong and powerful but the power in dreams lays in thought control and beliefs.

Who says a dream isn't real?

First, you need to define two terms:

What is a "dream"?
and
What is "real"?

Humanity has no idea what dreams are. Likewise, humanity also has no idea what 'real' is either. :)
Or join my forums!

Return to “For Beginners”