"lucid" Dreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Vaellian

"lucid" Dreams

Postby Vaellian » 06 Feb 2013 01:23

I've had a few lucid dreams on accident. but they always ended abruptly.

First one i can remember, i was in school and looked at the time, said 11:21 clearly, i say to myself "that can't be right, i have class at 7 am" then it dawned on me the last thing i remembered was that i should be asleep right now, lucidity!. 100%. but the dream ended inception style where it exploded and collapsed

Second one i have little memory of was that i was in a hallway and i see paint on the walls, wall paint. normal wall paint. and something makes me think "that's not how paint is sapposed to look" (i worked with my dad who is a house painter) and as soon as i realized it. i woke up.

Next there wasn't even a trigger for it. i was just riding around on my bike and looked up at the stars as i tend to do at night as i LOVE space (first thing i do when i get my first real lucid dream is space exploration with the space core from portal 2). and it might have been the way the moon looked. but i just spontaneously became lucid. 100%. calm. thinking straight. full clear vision. i got off the bike. and started to examine my surroundings. when my brother came out of the darkness and started to beat me up. waking me up :( even in my dreams hes a jerk!

Next i was driving down a road when i see my brother being stupid. i forgot what he was doing stupidly but he was doing it stupidly (different brother than the previously mentioned one) as i get down the street my car turned into a bike and i was on a sidewalk. i stopped and thought. "wait, why was he acting so stupid?" proceeded to look at my hands and even joke to myself "This looks pretty good if it is a dream" or something like that, fully believing that it wasn't a dream because it looked so real. but because i've read so much, and i wanted to lucid dream i was like. eh why not, reality check. finger through palm. failed. pinching forearm, fail. attention to detail. megafail. Then i looked up at the streetlight which had street names on it. ignoring that it got my street name wrong. i looked away. and looked back. completely different street name than previously, my heart sank. and i woke up

Only "real" lucid dream i can say i had. I woke up from a dream of my mom walking out the door. but rather than waking up i was in sleep paralysis still. as i tried to wake myself up with little hand motions. all i could think about was how uncomfortable i was and the dream. failing to wake myself back up i see the door and i wouldn't say i "popped" into it. but sorta melted into it. and i started walking around. doing math problems and rubbing my hands together. after i was satisfied and fully in the dream but not even close to fully lucid. the dream felt warm. and fast paced. like a happy-panic, thoughts going every which way. no focus. i had clear vision though. i tried to fly and floated. instead of flying i said "Screw it!, SUPERSPEED!" and ran at supersonic levels for 2 seconds till i fell under the world, and then landed at my computer desk playing what looked like world of warcraft (yes i do play the game alot) i still knew i was dreaming, as i was playing around with the names. i looked at my name. looked away. and looked back. seeing what names my dream came up with. but i felt like i was still being controlled. i knew it was a dream and i could "control" my own actions but i was acting purely 100% on impulse

when i get spontaneous lucidity i feel like i have MORE and Easier lucidity than what i had in my deild, every time i had more than 5 seconds before the dream ended. i felt as i do when i'm awake.

And them be my stories. sorry for the wall of text! if someone knows something about dreams and happens to read these i'd love some thought

Ryan

Re: "lucid" Dreams

Postby Ryan » 06 Feb 2013 05:06

No thoughts for ya.
Just wanted to say... cool experiences. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Vaellian

Postby Vaellian » 08 Feb 2013 00:12

Yeah, alot of times i get better results from spontaneous lucidity than trying to do anything like a wild or spild or anything. i really need to practice my MILDs better so i can get more of those as they feel like a better choice for me personally

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 11:47

i stopped and thought. "wait, why was he acting so stupid?" proceeded to look at my hands and even joke to myself "This looks pretty good if it is a dream" or something like that, fully believing that it wasn't a dream because it looked so real. but because i've read so much, and i wanted to lucid dream i was like. eh why not, reality check. finger through palm. failed. pinching forearm, fail. attention to detail. megafail. Then i looked up at the streetlight which had street names on it. ignoring that it got my street name wrong. i looked away. and looked back. completely different street name than previously, my heart sank. and i woke up

ohh dont you just hate it when that happens. I have the same issue at times. Some of lucid dreams are so so much like reality that the reality checking dont always work so Im not left knowing if Im awake or dreaming (then at times it will turn out I was dreaming..thou at other times its ended up that I was awake after all).

What I do now rather then doing anything with my body to reality check, is to just deeply study my surroundings looking for things which arent quite right.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 10 Feb 2013 20:47

[quote] Some of lucid dreams are so so much like reality.
Two days ego I found my self walking towards my house, I said am I dreaming, my answer was: Don't be stupid a dream cant be that realistic, and I walked on knowing I was awake. Only once I got nearer to the house was I gettind doubts, the dream faded and I woke up. I would say I was in a lucid dream, and only needed to take command of the dream, but I was too sure I was awake. I find a dream like that is more real, I am more awake and aware, also I remember every bit of the dream. I would say "I was conscious" As we should be in our so called waking life" I made a resolution that I will next time say: OK lets fly for a better look. ( I do a lot of flying in my dreams) I enjoy and learn a lot reading what our co dreamers post. :)

Vaellian

Postby Vaellian » 12 Feb 2013 19:21

Yeah. my Biggest thing is to ask my subconscious what my dream job is, cause as a college student i have so many doubts of what i really want to do with my life. but i also really want to fly. i have flown a plane personally and looking out the window was awe-inspiring. to be able to fly without a plane and be in total freedom and control would be exhilarating.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”