Don't give up on the lucid dream when the visuals go away

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Peter

Re: Don't give up on the lucid dream when the visuals go awa

Postby Peter » 09 Feb 2013 19:59

Its cool and the more you lucid dream and take note of the transitions and specifics of entering the more there is to explore. I feel the void or space between dreams is a realm of its own and there may be deeper experiences to be had there as well.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2013 21:35

Over 2 years ago, I discovered on my own a method of projecting which I now call it the "Eyes Closed/Body Still" technique and I've used it many times to launch multiple projections one after another. I think my record stands are 6 in a row.

It's much easier to initiate while waking up from a projection as you can feel yourself waking up and begin to initiate it. Basically, while you're waking up, you keep your eyes closed and your body perfectly still. As I said, this is easier while coming out of a projection because you KNOW you're waking up. You can do it while waking up normally as well, but it takes a bit more practice to not open your eyes first thing in the morning.

Anyway, you keep your eyes closed and your body still... and that's it! Within a few seconds, you'll phase/shift back into the non-physical usually in the same environment you just left (assuming you did this while waking from a lucid dream).

Super easy. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 11:28

HAGART wrote:False Awakening. Interesting you bring that up because last night I was PLAGUED with them! I just kept waking up and needing to do a reality check to find out I was still dreaming. So this was certainly connected to the false awakening phenomenon. But my false awakening was with eyes still closed.

I hate false awakenings with a passion.

One day I went throu about 6 in a row. I'd get out of bed, get dressed and then then spend about half an hour cleaning my kitchen up (I was doing the jobs I dont like) but then suddenly wake up and go throu this same process over and over again (the amount of cleaning I did that day!!!).

I was reality checking and everything and the FA was copying my life in every way possible.. I'd stare at my fingers and they'd look normal, do some writing and it look normal etc etc so then start going about the daily life stuff but then end up waking up again. It truely make me feel like I was going to go crazy by about the 5th one. By the time I finally did wake up for real.. I was at a point where I didnt even know if I was awake or not. So got online thinking I was still dreaming and having another FA, only to end up finding out I was really awake.... it took about 2-3 hrs before I truely KNEW I was awake (and in that time I'd treated real life as if I had been dreaming.. and something weird happened that day too which further confused me my real life was a dream).

Very unpleasant experience.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Feb 2013 21:44

I only had 3 false awakening in a row, but by the third one I was telling the other people in my dream, "can you believe this is my third in a row! It's not even fun anymore!"
And the reality checks don't always work! The ones I use frequently didn't. However, I seldom look at my hands in a lucid dream, which is actually quite common for most, but it worked for me because I don't do it too often. Whatever reality checks we tend to use seem to fail and all seems normal. It's like we become conditioned to those reality checks and immune to them so we need to keep coming up with others.

But anyway, false awakening can get annoying and for some reason they come in a rash of 3 to 6 in a row at times. You should write a post about it because this is starting to go off topic, but I bet we are not alone in our annoyance of false awakenings.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 10 Feb 2013 23:02

They are a pain in the butt sometimes.

I remember having an awesome astral awareness projection, which I ended up waking up and writing down points of the experience so I could remember it later.

Well, as it turns out... the experience of me writing it down WAS a false awakening. I woke up later that morning only to find no notes at all and I forgot the experience.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Feb 2013 23:09

Ryan wrote:I ended up waking up and writing down points of the experience so I could remember it later.
Been there, done that. It tends to be the first thing I do in the morning after a very vivid lucid dream, but in my experience, after a vivid lucid dream it doesn't quite end and just keeps going... and going... and going.....

I'm going to take the initiative and start a topic about this because we can talk about this forever and... go on... and on... there is so much to talk about and so many different types.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”