What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
22
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
38
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
29
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
29
25%
 
Total votes: 118

User avatar
SarahDank
Posts: 99
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 05:52

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby SarahDank » 11 Feb 2013 01:17

Why did God create a universe full of black holes?

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 11 Feb 2013 01:32

lucidinthe sky wrote:I'm really hoping that we can get to hear some more different perspectives on God/religion similar to when this thread began.

I was just looking at the results of the poll linked to this thread... I'm really quite fascinated with it.
Roughly 25% equal across all four options. That's quite astounding really!

I'm wondering how the results would have been had this been asked, perhaps, 10 years ago?

SarahDank wrote:Why did God create a universe full of black holes?

Perhaps he's a fan of swiss cheese? ;)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 12 Feb 2013 01:50

Summerlander wrote:You too! As a beacon of hope you have restored my faith in humanity. :mrgreen:


Haha, just doin' my job, friend! 8-)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 12 Feb 2013 02:04

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Summerlander wrote: To lucidinthesky:

Science is not about having faith or holding onto beliefs. Science is about seeking answers. To believe in God and to be religious is to give up on finding the real answers for how the world is.


Yeah right, everyone who believes in God has given up finding the "real" answers. This is again your opinion, so please stop trying to pass it off as fact like everything else you say.

Summerlander wrote: Meanwhile, theists have a duty to prove to the rest of the world that a God exists and so far they have failed miserably.


I disagree with that. For one thing, I don't see any theists trying to prove the existence of God. The obligation of theists to prove the existence of God is something that's in your mind. You have the choice to believe or not and you choose not to. I don't judge you for your beliefs and if I ever inferred that you are stupid or ignorant for them please accept my apology.

Summerlander wrote: They are the ones who have missionaires who speak about "salvation" like the rest of us are ignorant and doomed if we don't convert. Moreover, they want their faiths taught at schools. By exposing our children to their doctrine they can hinder their freedom to think for themselves.


Yes I agree that this is wrong because they are forcing their beliefs on others. I am very opposed to any form of fundamentalist dogma especially if it's used to control others, whether it comes from religous people or atheists. However, history has proven that the religious zealots are more dangerous. Don't lump all people who believe in God together.

Summerlander wrote: Nobody is bullying you, that's just how you perceive it (and I feel sorry for you if you are that sensitive) because you don't like the facts I've stated.


Right, everyone who disagrees with you just doesn't like the facts. That makes sense. The bullying I'm refering to is the troll behaviour I see in a lot of your posts. Here's the definition from Wikipedia: In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Summerlander wrote: If you say you believe in God, it cannot be the same God of Christians or Muslims. Such God condemns people to hell and bribes others with hedonistic heavens dwelt by renaissance angels or pretty virgins.


You're right, it is not either of those Gods, that's for sure. The "God" I believe in (not a conventional God) is basically the entire consciousness of the universe, including our own.

Summerlander wrote:If people come here to express their opinions and want to engage in debate, why not? I see no harm in it.
Agreed. But keep in mind, opinions should not be constantly presented as facts. And they are not subject to anyone's approval. You can express them without having to debate. If you disagree, do so constructively and without insults and lecturing. Once a point is made it is not necessary to add constant repetition to the thread, we got it the first time.


Whew, you really looked into this didn't you? lol :lol:
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 12 Feb 2013 02:19

Summerlander wrote:I think I've expired my input in this thread.


It has been an honor conversing with you and others! 8-)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 14:09

I believe we have someone watching over us (so took that option).. but I believe that someone is ourself. God I AM.

I get my religious views from myself and my own experiences and would never follow a church. I believe there is some truth in all religions.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 14 Feb 2013 03:20

Worldenterer1 wrote:
Summerlander wrote:I think I've expired my input in this thread.


It has been an honor conversing with you and others! 8-)


I think that's a good idea SL. I think I might be hanging up my rifle soon as well! :)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 14 Feb 2013 04:19

taniaaust1 wrote:I believe we have someone watching over us (so took that option).. but I believe that someone is ourself. God I AM.

I get my religious views from myself and my own experiences and would never follow a church. I believe there is some truth in all religions.

That's pretty much what I think too.

We are all gods... we are the creators of this universe. In fact, you're creating this very second in the same way you create a dream for yourself to experience. I see very little difference, except here, you're creating alongside many other consciousnesses. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 14 Feb 2013 23:35

Ryan wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:I believe we have someone watching over us (so took that option).. but I believe that someone is ourself. God I AM.

I get my religious views from myself and my own experiences and would never follow a church. I believe there is some truth in all religions.

That's pretty much what I think too.

We are all gods... we are the creators of this universe. In fact, you're creating this very second in the same way you create a dream for yourself to experience. I see very little difference, except here, you're creating alongside many other consciousnesses. :)


Don't you think that's a bit arrogant? I mean, how would the universe have existed before humans then? (Assuming it did, which most evidence points too)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 15 Feb 2013 03:49

Worldenterer1 wrote:Don't you think that's a bit arrogant? I mean, how would the universe have existed before humans then? (Assuming it did, which most evidence points too)

What exactly is arrogant about it?

You're thinking too "physical". I theorize that this physical reality would cease to exist if no consciousnesses were to be here creating it. Meaning us.

What happens to the dream when you're no longer experiencing it? Do you think it just continues to chug along happily existing forever? Honestly, it might... but I don't think it does.

I view this physical reality as nothing more than a slightly more stable non-physical reality frame. It's kept stable by the numerous consciousnesses which inhabit it.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests