Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Snaggle

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby Snaggle » 09 Feb 2013 14:26

jeremy1113 wrote:Exactly my question, why in the world would you want to "kill" off , not just your dream characters, but anything?
Hope you will not take these things into the real world.

But to answer your question, no I have never felt the desire to kill. Although I have had the need to interact and get insight into some of these characters, pick there brain, so to speak.

There are numerous reasons to kill.
The first two are the normal reasons to kill-power and freedom. If you can't kill you're the slave of anyone who wants to enslave you. Your freedom is not deserved, it's just an accident of circumstance, while if you want to enslave others being willing to kill them is a mandatory vice.

Survival, profit, courage, bravery, self mastery and art are also common motives for needing the ability to kill. If you ever are unfortunate enough to face people who are trying to kill you if you can't kill them first your chances of survival are pretty low. Killing for profit whether of humans or animals has always been a common custom. The profit motive should be extremely obvious, but sadly is not. BTW are you a vegetarian? if not you're still responsible for the killing you commission while being a grocery store scavenger. Courage is much harder for most being to understand. Whatever you're afraid of weakens and enslaves you. Facing fear and overcoming it is a very rewarding experience. Bravery is also hard to understand for most people. What you can't do in a conflict will defeat you. One needs to be able to use force, but beating up a foe is often not enough to stop them, nor is inflicting pain, nor crippling them enough to stop an enemy with certainty, killing them is 100% effective at stopping them. To be effective in a conflict one can't be afraid of suffering: a beating; of any level of pain or torture that is inflicted upon one; of any mutilation or death and needs to be willing to inflict them on others. The mere threat of them is often enough to defeat a foe. If one knows what a foe fears or can't do one has already defeated them and may not have to fight them at all. Self mastery is also akin to courage and bravery, being in complete control of oneself in dangerous situation is character building. hardest of all to understand is that killing is an art and like all talents one wants to increase ones knowledge, skill and experience.

taniaaust1 wrote:Wow.. im shocked at how violent some feel...
The only way ive "destroyed" a DC thou is once when I had a demon character with glowing red eyes in a boat with me. It was in a lucid dream and I could feel such malice coming off the demon character so I destroyed that character by willing the demon into an innocent harmless young boy who could do nothing to anyone and got enjoyment from disabling the demon DC like that.

You show promise, but don't you think that forcing that demon into an innocent was wrong?
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Feb 2013 03:04

I've read the posts and this is interesting. I think there are 3 main reasons to kill a Dream Character.

1) They are menacing and it is in self defense. We all have the capability to kill and dreams can sometimes be a virtual learning environment to act out those scenarios. We are still animals after all, and if you have ever daydreamed about what you would do if an intruder came in your house then you are going to dream about something like that too. I think we all have. It usually happens when I am non lucid however since when I become lucid I realize it is not real and just leave or do away with it.

2) Then there is the simple fact that we don't want somebody in our lucid dream and we cast them out somehow. I mentioned I sometimes 'pinch' them out of existence, or other times, this just came instinctively to me, I use my mind to throw them against a wall very hard and they explode into a cloud of dust and disappear. No matter what your method is, it is not 'killing', but rather 'expunging' them.

3) Killing for the fun of it. And don't judge! Whenever I do this, the Dream Characters are mindless extras without a personality. Like Peter said, it feels more like a video game, and there is no emotion in the dream characters and in fact, although they look human, they really aren't a dream character as I would define since there is no character or personality in them at all. They don't feel any suffering. (Except that teacher guy I mentioned in the first post, and I felt bad about it. I didn't expect to feel his anguish. It was an accident and I was only trying to expunge him. BUT IT'S STILL JUST A DREAM so get over it!)

(If someone kills to get pleasure from seeing others suffer, that is a whole different story!)
Last edited by HAGART on 10 Feb 2013 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Feb 2013 03:49

I said I had a gruesome anecdote and this is actually a 4th reason to kill a dream character. REVENGE!
This has happened several times and it happens when I have a DILD and become lucid in the dream and when there is someone bugging me or bullying me. My first thought and course of action is to exact some revenge. (I know it's petty and unintellectual, but when emotions are high I act on impulse. I am only human after all. Not all lucid dreams are spiritually enlightening.) This dream happened about a year ago:

I was in a room in a regular dream when two guys cornered me and were being hostile. I didn't know why and it was hard to fight back. I suddenly realized it was a dream, but I still couldn't fight them. It was like I couldn't move my arms or if I tried, the dream didn't give me any. And none of my lucid powers seemed to work on them either. I just gave up and let it happen knowing I wasn't really going to get hurt. But when it faded and I woke up, I was still in the same dream and now outside, but just knew that they were around somewhere. I saw one of the guys and I pointed at him and willed his head to explode and even used my arms to gesture what I was trying to do. Sure enough his head exploded and sprayed a mist of blood. I was going to find the other guy, but I woke up. I was actually upset that it ended because man! I was pissed at those guys!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 11:07

Snaggle wrote: You show promise, but don't you think that forcing that demon into an innocent was wrong?

no not at all.. my intent wasnt to hurt anything. I wasnt creating any negative energy for myself by transmuting something rather then attacking it.

Maybe when we are attacking DCs maybe its symbolic of wanting to attack a part of ourselves (anger towards ourselves).. rather then wanting to change a part of ourselves. I felt threatened by that DC thou I knew I was in a dream and he wasnt really real..so hence I responded to change the situation.

I dont actually even play violent computer games.. I dislike killing even in those so hence even if I know I DC isnt real.. I still wont kill it thou maybe a part of me did get like sadist pleasure from makin it change.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Feb 2013 19:12

If I am sick and attempt to look around my body for something to fix in a lucid dream it may manifest as a DC or group of DC's and I have no hesitation in killing them and I will use fire like a wizard as temperature is the way the body gets rid of lots of disease.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Feb 2013 20:04

Being sick really interferes with dreams sometimes, it's probably the fever that messes up the normal process. I get these totally confused and erractic dreams when I'm really sick.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Feb 2013 22:38

taniaaust1 wrote:Maybe when we are attacking DCs maybe its symbolic of wanting to attack a part of ourselves (anger towards ourselves).. rather then wanting to change a part of ourselves.

I agree. We are really just attacking some aspect of ourselves. Killing is always a quick solution to things and although we feel like we are above other animals and primates perhaps we are not. When in a lucid dream sometimes my monkey mind takes over and emotions dictate my behaviour. And also I have sometimes taken a negative feeling or violent nature in someone and waved my hand and converted it to a more positive situation. I think Snaggle was just being clever and posed the question: What is more immoral, killing a dream character or putting it into an innocent bystander dream character? But in the end, who cares? It was just a dream and it is your own. And we should never feel ashamed to share our dreams, especially not here!

On another note, I wonder, and I posted this before, do men and women lucid dream differently? I've read that men tend to be more destructive and women are more caring. This, of course, sounds stereotypical, but there might be an element of truth to it.

I'm actually a very nice guy, and destructive lucid dreams are cathartic and provide an outlet for my deep seeded, male, violent nature. (And don't judge me... if anything I am being too honest!)

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Feb 2013 23:29

When I was younger my dreams and lucid dreams were very violent but not very often now, they have changed a lot over time.

In sickness I can get very vivid and odd dreams but always try to find the source of the illness and get rid of it if I can
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 11 Feb 2013 02:52

Have I killed Dream characters...? Yes! And I plan to kill some more! :mrgreen:

In my first lucid dream ever I was in a slum and this madman was attacking a civilian and I said to myself "If this is a dream, then I can have a blade arm like in Prototype". It eventually formed into a blade and I killed the madman. Then someone said they needed my help destroying some evil soldiers. They took me to their hideout, which the soldiers found. I went outside the base, which was at the top of a skyscraper and there were soldiers on the roof and a helicopter with guns. I used electric powers like in inFamous to destroy all but one soldier and the helicopter. I killed the last soldier by hitting him with a pillow, which caused him to lose his balance and fall of the skyscraper(I laughed so hard when I woke up and remembered that part).

It was so much fun I can't wait to do it again! Don't get me wrong though, there's more I wanna do than just slaughter dream enemies. I have some non-violent dreams I'm looking forward to experiencing. ;)
Last edited by Guitar48300 on 07 Mar 2013 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Feb 2013 08:46

Guitar48300 wrote: I killed the last soldier by hitting him with a pillow, which caused him to lose his balance and fall of the skyscraper

hahah that made me laugh.

Your dream made me see that Im not really against the idea of "killing" like I thought I was.. I thought your dream was quite nobel and to my surprise I enjoyed reading it. It made me think of knights in shining armour.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”