A frightening soldier dream.......why???????

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
dreamworld777

A frightening soldier dream.......why???????

Postby dreamworld777 » 11 Feb 2013 15:57

I had this dream many years ago and have never forgotten it....does anyone have any type of interpretation for this?????
Here's the dream.......I dreamed this as a child (had to be about 12 years old at the time)....

I dreamed that I went outside.The sun had just went down and it was dark.I looked up,(my childhood home,which this dream took place in,was set in front of a big hill with woods behind it)....I looked up where the woods were and I saw a soldier standing up there holding a machine gun.There was light behind him as if he was standing in front of a setting sun.He just stared at me and I felt very frightened although I had no idea who this was or why he was there.I began to move slowly towards my door to go inside.It seemed that no one was home in my house,none of my sisters nor my parents.I ran into the house and locked the door and I had the feeling that this soldier was coming to get me for some reason.I heard him begin to come through the back door and I ran to my room and hid under my bed.Seconds later,I could hear footsteps in the house and this soldier lifted up the bedskirt and stared at me hiding under the bed.I was terrified and began screaming and begging him not to shoot me.
He began shooting me with this huge machine gun and I could feel every single shot.All I could do was scream and cry and finally I woke up scared to death.......

I can remember to this day this soldier,his face,his build,his features,exactly what he looked like.He never said a word,just stared and shot me repeatedly.This was by far one of the most vivid and horrifying dreams I have ever had and have never forgotten this.I have always wondered though what any meaning behind this dream could be.....any thoughts???
I've always focused on the fact that he was standing in front of the sun..it completely illuminated him from behind yet i could still see him crystal clear from where I was standing...he was rather young,maybe early 20's,blonde...which is strange that I knew this because he had a camo hat on and army fatigues and high boots....he was a bit muscular and a bit tanned.

I sometimes wish that i could re-enter this dream in a lucid state and ask him why the hell he's shooting me (lol) but this dream has never repeated itself to me....hmmmmm......what do you guys think..any interpretations on this one?????

Worldenterer1

Re: A frightening soldier dream.......why???????

Postby Worldenterer1 » 12 Feb 2013 01:38

Ah, don't worry about it. I get shot all the time in dreams. You get used to it.
I once got shot down and had grenades thrown at me by five people at once! THAT did not feel good. :lol:
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 18 Feb 2013 16:14

Wow....my dream doesn't seem so bad after all...lol.I always find dreams like that most memorable and clear.These dreams never seem to be lucid for me though so I can stop it or control what's happening....go figure!!! :x Thanks for your reply,sure glad to know that I'm not the only one who has dreams like that...

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 18 Feb 2013 19:25

Sure thing! Anyways, those types of dreams are some of the funnest, so I don't know why anyone wouldn't want them.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Thyraize

Postby Thyraize » 27 Feb 2013 17:29

I can't tell you why, but I had a simular dream, years back. I'm running through the street I live in, with some giant dinosour (I spelled that wrong) following me. He obviously wants to eat me. I turn left, onto a playground with a few bushes (right in front of my house). I hide behind the bushes and the dino stands in the middle of the playground. He swings his head to the side and the second his eye sees mine, I wake up.
I think I dreamed that a few times and although it's years back I remember all the details... now I read yours, it seems a bit simular.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”