First Lucid Dream - ish

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
gword4

First Lucid Dream - ish

Postby gword4 » 12 Feb 2013 04:22

Well, about a month ago, I found some "meme" picture on facebook about Lucid Dreaming and really got interested. I got so hooked and read tons of stuff. I was obsessed. This was one of the first few websites I came to so I thought I would share my experience since I owe my LD success to you! :)

After looking into different techniques, I was overly eager to begin. I went to a 24-hour church camp and tried there, repeating "When I'm dreaming, I'll know I'm dreaming" that night. That didn't work, but I continued to try. Thankfully. I haven't really started dream journaling, only because I'm beyond lazy and have little time in the morning, but I think I should really get into that habit if I'm seriously wanting to have an LD. My first LD came about a week ago, randomly. I think it was a night that I didn't try so hard or try at all to induce one, it just came naturally. (I've seen alot of other people that have also had their first LD the night they don't try)

So, past my blabber, I'll get to my dream. It was very brief and very blurry but I'm pretty sure I was lucid, which is definitely enough for me!

I'm having a dream which I seem to have had before. The dream is blurry and doesn't leave any details in my mind, but something changes. All of a sudden some kind of awareness occurs. The previous dream switches to a different dream scene. I'm in my bed, in my normal bedroom, but my bed is turned a different way. It's turned so I'm facing a completely different direction than normal. I'm sitting up in bed and everything is very blurry. At one point I call out "Clarity!" into the air, hearing nothing come out and wonder if I'll wake up my family if this isn't really a lucid dream. Everything is so blurry that I strongly doubt it's a lucid dream. Then a feeling creeps up on me. I start to get the feeling of my body laying in bed, bringing on thoughts about how I'm actually still in bed. The dream fades and I wake up, in my real bed, so pleased to have finally had a lucid dream that I just accept that much and fall back asleep.

Not much of a first lucid dream, but a start. Only problem is that I can't find out any "personal preferences" because that dream wasn't enough to call experience since I can't recall any senses, didn't hear my voice when I called out, and it was very, very blurry.

Oh well. Every night is another chance but sometimes bed time can't come fast enough!

Thank you Rebecca, if you actually read these! And to anyone that has any specific advice for me.

I've been looking into WBTB today and am hoping to have some success or progress tonight even though I got extremely mad at my phone alarm last time I set it to wake me up in the middle of the night. ;)

Wish me luck! ~

taniaaust1

Re: First Lucid Dream - ish

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Feb 2013 12:59

I call out "Clarity!" into the air, hearing nothing come out and wonder if I'll wake up my family if this isn't really a lucid dream.

My thought on why you didnt hear your voice when you did that.. was all cause you were worried about waking up your family.. hence your voice didnt appear in the dream, otherwise you probably would of done so. Thoughts really influence what happens when dreaming.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

gword4

Postby gword4 » 15 Feb 2013 05:15

taniaaust1 wrote:
I call out "Clarity!" into the air, hearing nothing come out and wonder if I'll wake up my family if this isn't really a lucid dream.

My thought on why you didnt hear your voice when you did that.. was all cause you were worried about waking up your family.. hence your voice didnt appear in the dream, otherwise you probably would of done so. Thoughts really influence what happens when dreaming.

Very interesting, thanks for the input!

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 15 Feb 2013 16:31

I think it's a process and may start out a little at a time.I have only had 2 lucid dreams.My first one was before I was aware what lucid dreaming really was,just had little info....I heard my own voice tell me in a dream that it was just a dream and I proceeded to listen to it and do something that I feared doing in my dream.I had no control though and didn't even do a reality check.I just completely believed and trusted that voice.That began my research into lucid dreaming.
My second lucid was months later after doing all the things that help...reality checks throughout the day,keeping a dream journal etc....in this dream I realized that i was dreaming,did a reality check by looking at my hand,which had 3 extra small fingers sticking out of the side of my hand.I got so excited in my dream that for some strange reason,without even thinking about it,I began to run in circles jumping up and down shouting "I'm dreaming,this isn't even really happening,what do i want to do?"......well I did something alright,I woke myself up like a dummy from being overexcited....lol.....it happens!

I haven't had another since then but keep up with my daily routines to help myself become lucid in dreams.Strange thing is that I used to dream just about every time I closed my eyes,vivid dreams too.But since I have been consciously trying to lucid dream,I have hardly any dreams that i can remember.In the past 3 weeks I have had 3 dreams I can remember.My dream journal is bored to tears.. :lol:

Hang in there,we will get there.I think it's just one of those things that the more you open up to it,the more it comes.I believe we all have so much blockage at first due to our own beliefs,fears and ways that perhaps it is a process to get past these things.I could be wrong,but this is how it seemed to be for me anyway.The more I began to believe that this reality is not the only thing there is,the more I was able to open up to my subconscious.

Good luck and happy dreaming to you.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”