Was this hypnagogia or what?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Re: Was this hypnagogia or what?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Feb 2013 21:56

Peter wrote: Morning thought

Is HI also responsible for waking reality. We could be missing the point in the sense that the outside world is an illusion formed on the inside (we dont see outside of our mind) and in waking life what we see is the same HI but projected outside and sensory input used to create it.

HI seems to be the transition between the mode where we use the sensory inputs to generate the reality onto our internal "screen" and the dream state where we are doing with the sensory inputs shut off. I do believe we are projecting our reality in any case. It's really amazing how accurately we can repoduce what we experience in waking life, whether during the flashes of HI or in a dream. I'm never 100% convinced that what I am experiencing in lucid dreams isn't actually happening in reality. It just messes with my head every time.

Peter wrote:The brain might have no choice but to make the HI as it could be the reality creating process, in the day buy sensory input and create the waking word and without visual stimulation from option 2, using random recalled stored thought to just have a go.

I think our brains are always projecting onto our reality screens, it goes into other modes too. But it doesn't need any inputs from senses to create reality. I mentioned it before, but I had an HI experience where I watched this goup of soldiers in a WWII scene get blown up while inside a bombed-out building with no roof, then the same thing in but in reverse, beginning from the end, then over in slow motion. I can't imagine where that came from but it was very impressive quality.

I wonder if there is some other source of information outside of our stored memories. Possibly events create some kind of impression on some unknown media that we have a way of reading or just tune in somehow.

Just a crazy idea, although I've had my coffee already and unfortunately, can not watch the sea without driving 150 kilometers :( (P.S. I was looking for a little face for "jealous" but couldn't find one.)
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 12 Feb 2013 02:20

I'm just gonna think outloud at this point following this HI discussion...

I know that when I meditate, eyes-closed... when I cut the visual stimulus off, new "visual" stimulus happens. The blackness before me starts to move, shapes appear, depth within the field of vision occurs... all with eyes closed and relaxing. Eventually, as I go deeper and deeper images start to appear in the visual black mix I'm looking at. The images grow, become stronger and more defined, until I find myself "somewhere else".

So then what are Hypnogogic Images? Perhaps they're what's left after your visual stimulus is cut off, mixed with the creationism of your consciousness. We know that our consciousnesses can create entire worlds, at the blink of an eye.

Are we creating that which we're seeing? Or are we tapping into something that's already there? Are hypnogogic images the creative grounds for all things sensed?

I view this physical reality as just another "reality frame"... a reality frame to be experienced by a consciousness. Take that concept and apply it now to the all that we experience, asleep and awake. You'll begin to draw some very interesting conclusions... and also answer some questions which even humanity has balked at over the centuries. But those questions aren't what we're discussing right now, even if they're closely related... well, *EVERYTHING* is related at this point, for everything is consciousness.

I think people need to begin to see beyond their own nose in order to begin to solve these riddles.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Feb 2013 04:29

So then what are Hypnogogic Images? Perhaps they're what's left after your visual stimulus is cut off, mixed with the creationism of your consciousness. We know that our consciousnesses can create entire worlds, at the blink of an eye.

sweeter words than mine but they echo my wandering thoughts this morning as the followed a simlar pattern.

There is a lot of cool stuff to ponder on without the need for any conclusions and just following our thoughts might lead to some interesting dreams

Its appears that its only our focal point that is changing not the creator of the images and not our ability to interact with them, feel them, taste them, change them and most amazing of all experience a world without them in the void
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Feb 2013 11:59

Peter wrote:Morning thought

Is HI also responsible for waking reality. We could be missing the point in the sense that the outside world is an illusion formed on the inside (we dont see outside of our mind) and in waking life what we see is the same HI but projected outside and sensory input used to create it.

That's deep :) . I loved that thought, thanks.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”