Breathing Underwater

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Peter

Re: Breathing Underwater

Postby Peter » 05 Aug 2012 20:57

yes I did it last night. There was a duck pond with ducks on the surface so for fun I dived in and breathed underwater and went very fast through the water and made them all fly away. Its easy you just need to suspend fear and simply do it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

stardreamer

Postby stardreamer » 06 Aug 2012 14:12

I am new on this site and I love dreaming of 'breathing' water! I feel the silky water slide through my nose which exits in trails of bubbles out of 'gills' on the side of my chest. Often I use the bubbles to accelerate my speed - awesome :P

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 08 Aug 2012 01:36

I did have one of these dreams not long ago..
I was looking for someone / something with some people, and i decided to swim under water, and had no problem breathing. I was definatly part lucid at the time.

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 23 Aug 2012 21:50

AngelDreams wrote:I was stressing out because I knew I couldn't hold my breath for much longer. Then I took my first breath and tried to hold it in, did the same thing on my second breath and then the third breath I thought to myself I can breath underwater. Anyone else able to breath underwater?

I have had this exact situation before.
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

XxXSleepingXxX

Postby XxXSleepingXxX » 22 Oct 2012 03:36

I breathe underwater, I am pretty much GOD in my dreams. But when im part lucid, I'm just a kid with powers. I also can see beautifully underwater. But I still feel salt. When too much Dreamsalt gets in my eyes, I wake up, :(

Seachange

Postby Seachange » 05 Nov 2012 21:39

I've had this happen a few times. There is a moment of panic and then I'm breathing this silky water like air. The odd thing is that I don't see it as unusual, and so I don't become lucid. I just remember it as a vivid dream after waking.

fyreflower

Postby fyreflower » 06 Feb 2013 08:00

I adore my aquatic dreams. I have a few of those slushing around in murky water dreams that weren't as pleasant, but mostly I am in my dream water that's crystal clear. I am much like lucidinthe sky...as in water always feels like water. Only once, and it was actually only a few years ago (another first in my over 20 yrs of lucid dreaming) that I actually thought to myself..."Hey you're breathing normal under water...sweeeet!". All the hundreds of other times I don't even question it, presumably, because I am way too awe-inspired usually by what's going on. Swimming and playing with Orcas trumps thoughts about my breathing heehee : )
~ Horizontal Enlightenment ~

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Feb 2013 12:27

Gee i feel stupid on reading this thread.

A while back I was having a LD while at the bottom of the sea but then started to drown as I was right under wate. I didnt think of just breathing while under water. I dealt with the situation by creating breathing mask, tube and oxygen tent. Just deciding to breath underwater would of probably been soooo much easier.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 12 Feb 2013 01:33

Instead of breathing underwater, I'll usually have some kind of high tech suit that allows me to. Same with flying, night vision, weapons, running. Bionics over biology. Other times, I'll just be awesome and do it all myself.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Feb 2013 13:12

I nearly drowned one time when I was lucid and went down to the bottom of the sea. Due to not being able to over come my normal waking fears of drowning down there, I ended up desperately having to visualise and create myself an oxygen tank, mask and tubing. That worked well and I was fine then under the sea :)

I really do need to set myself a dream challenge (I'll add it to my list of challenges) and see if I can do some deep sea diving without those things i created to make me feel safe cause my waking thoughts of "I cant breath underwater" were just too strong.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”