False Awakenings

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
taniaaust1

Re: False Awakenings

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Feb 2013 12:43

erichsa wrote:I had an experience which I still don’t know how to classify. I got out of bed at my normal time,did my ablution had my first cup of tea, a bit of reading, and getting ready to make myself breakfast, also planing lunch. I did a bit of checking on the laptop for the right ingredients, going often between kitchen and living room. After getting the food out of the fridge I went in to the living room, and I thought, but I never have this kind of food for breakfast, and why do I have to check so often the laptop for the lunch ingredients. Standing next to the laptop it came to me, and knew then that for all that time it was not my normal self doing all these things. Everything was natural, nothing weird, and only wanting to eat a totally different breakfast, send a signal to make me doubt myself.
Now was it a FA?, I understand with a False Awakening I would wake up in bed. An OBE, but would I wake up standing in the living room? Or Sleepwalking? I really don't know What is your good peoples view? :)

It's not sleepwalking unless you found all the evidence that you did what you did after u really did wake up for real.

I know some say with OBEs people will just pop out of the body and appear not far from it (which is quite common)... but I myself have had an experience of actually climbing out of my body (I shed it as if I was a snake, it took effort freeing myself from it) and just moving away from it, so I do assume its possible to get up during an OBE (many people actually do astrally sit up in bed when they start to have an OBE) and climb out of bed and walk away from the body (usually if you hung around it too long you get pulled back in). thou).

Its hard to say what your experience was.. could of just been a false awakening. Many of us have had ones like that.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 12 Feb 2013 17:09

Sorry taniaaust1, I did not pop out of the bed, no I got out out of the bed, did do what I was saying, my bed was empty all the time when I was walking to and fro. Standing next to the laptop, I just had a mental understanding that the last half hour or so did happen, but to whom? Out of Body,or Lucid Dreaming? I have them, but I always wake up in bed. False Awakening , but not waking up in bed? Why was everything 100% normal, and only after starting to make breakfast with food I have normally in the fridge, I realized this is not what I eat for breakfast.
My point again, I found myself standing, also fully dressed in my room,knowing I was for a Time in an other Time,or where? Who has the answer? :)

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 12 Feb 2013 18:58

erichsa wrote:Sorry taniaaust1, I did not pop out of the bed, no I got out out of the bed, did do what I was saying, my bed was empty all the time when I was walking to and fro. Standing next to the laptop, I just had a mental understanding that the last half hour or so did happen, but to whom? Out of Body,or Lucid Dreaming? I have them, but I always wake up in bed. False Awakening , but not waking up in bed? Why was everything 100% normal, and only after starting to make breakfast with food I have normally in the fridge, I realized this is not what I eat for breakfast.
My point again, I found myself standing, also fully dressed in my room,knowing I was for a Time in an other Time,or where? Who has the answer? :)

It sounds very much like a False Awakening to me

[ Post made via Android ] Image
What is your definition of reality?

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 13 Feb 2013 20:31

dreamerinmiami wrote:
erichsa wrote:Sorry taniaaust1, I did not pop out of the bed, no I got out out of the bed, did do what I was saying, my bed was empty all the time when I was walking to and fro. Standing next to the laptop, I just had a mental understanding that the last half hour or so did happen, but to whom? Out of Body,or Lucid Dreaming? I have them, but I always wake up in bed. False Awakening , but not waking up in bed? Why was everything 100% normal, and only after starting to make breakfast with food I have normally in the fridge, I realized this is not what I eat for breakfast.

It sounds very much like a False Awakening to me

It might sound like that to you, but not to me. See it completly from my side,and explain why you don't wake up in bed, as one should after waking up from a false awakening, but stand very much awake in the midle of the room, and my bed is empty. :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Feb 2013 00:41

One will see an empty bed in a FA, that's normal for them... cause that is what the dream is just allowing you to see created by what you believe at the time.

What evidence did you have AFTER this experience that it really occurred and that your physical body was truely out of bed??? dirty dishes on your sink from when you ate different food??? bites out of food in your fridge still there? or what? (thou if you did have that it could of still been a FA awakening experience with sleep walking. I used to sleepwalk and I even once made myself a hot drink, boiled the kettle and poured it while asleep!!! I woke up while pouring hot water into a coffee cup I was holding and almost badly burnt myself)

ahh I understand you now I think ..sorry, you DIDNT go back to bed again or wake up again "physically" after finding yourself standing in the room. (If you went back to bed again and went back to sleep and then woke up again it still could of been just a FA).

It thou could of been sleep walking with waking up actually physically standing while sleep walking (like I did the time I almost badly burnt myself). (the fact thou that you didnt see your body in bed tells us nothing of the reality that you were physically standing cause its normal not to see body in bed in FA and from your post you didnt seem to understand that as you were using that as a reason of why you must of been physical at the time).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”