Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sander

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sander » 13 Feb 2013 09:07

Sterre Duiker wrote:I just found out that my best friend (13) knows about Lucid Dreaming too. He says that, at his old school, they made their own "dreamworld" together. They even made some crazy-ass things, like Facebook, but if u click on your friend he or she pops up next to you, and many others I cannot bother to write, one of them including a type of bank process but you can't make your own money in the "server" somehow. Robert Wagoner (I think that's his last name at least) did say he shared a friends dream, but I do doubt a scale of at least more than 10 people could join in one dream. He did say it "lagged". I kinda doubt this, maybe he was overreacting or something. Anyways, I still wanted to know if its possible, or at least what is true about what he said, and what's false. :|

looking for attention, imo
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 12:41

Sterre Duiker wrote:I just found out that my best friend (13) knows about Lucid Dreaming too. He says that, at his old school, they made their own "dreamworld" together. They even made some crazy-ass things, like Facebook, but if u click on your friend he or she pops up next to you, and many others I cannot bother to write, one of them including a type of bank process but you can't make your own money in the "server" somehow. Robert Wagoner (I think that's his last name at least) did say he shared a friends dream, but I do doubt a scale of at least more than 10 people could join in one dream. He did say it "lagged". I kinda doubt this, maybe he was overreacting or something. Anyways, I still wanted to know if its possible, or at least what is true about what he said, and what's false. :|

It is quite possible to share a dream with another. Ive done it with my daughter. When I did that, there was no lag.

It is quite possible too to build a dream world together. If ones friends are into OBE more so then dreams (some may confuse them).. it is quite possible to meet up consciously with groups of people. My daughters and a friend of theirs, did a mutual remote viewing experience together one time... and they really did see the the same thing. If one knows how to do something, its often easier to teach others and all be doing it.

Your friend could be telling u the truth or he could be having you on... Ive no idea.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 12:48

Triniax wrote:Hello, I just wanted to know if you had to be exact when it comes to waking up 5 hours after you go to sleep so you can interrupt R.E.M. sleep. Because, it usually takes me about 10-15 minutes to actually go to sleep. So, say it's 9:00 P.M. and I set my alarm for 2:00 A.M., but I actually go to sleep at around 9:20 P.M., would this time difference matter much?

I dont think you would need to be exact.

I personally used to wake myself up at any time during the night and try to do a LD from there.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 12:54

Sander wrote:Ok so i got a situation:

whenever i try to fall asleep with while playing a lucid dream in my mind to trigger a genuine lucid dream while sleeping, i simply can't manage to fall asleep. It's just because i'm focusing that i stay awake. I just don't get how anyone could fall asleep while focusing on something.. i don't see how it's possible.

Can anyone explain this?

If something isnt working for you, try a different method. It sounds as if you just aint relaxing enough. Maybe try focusing on deep/slow (but naturally feeling) breathing and body focus, counting your breaths and every 10 (or whatever feels right to you) ask yourself "Are I dreaming? This may trigger a WILD

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 13:05

kylesulli wrote: The next day I dreamed I was on my Harley on the highway and it was scary cuz it didnt turn as good as it used to and i was going 90+mph. Again I knew it wasnt real but didnt know it was a dream. So I said screw it and closed my eyes and did a couple of free floating backflips. While doing this i was still going fast and could hear the wind and everything. After I opened my eyes my bike was back to normal and I had much better control of it and slowed down. Was this lucid dreaming? How do i do this more often and with more control? Thanks

Congrats. I'd call that a lucid dream even if you didnt realise you were dreaming as you were lucid in the fact that you knew the situation wasnt "real" (so I guess you thought you were having a halluncination.. which isnt really different to dreaming :mrgreen: ). You also took up the control when you thought "screw it" and backflipped off the bike.

To have more of these.. get in the habit of asking yourself at times "could I be dreaming?". (you could also do some reality checking).

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 13 Feb 2013 15:03

I have had this problem for a looong time and it evolved from explainable to flat-out weird:I used to not be able to control my LDs. Then i noticed it was as if I'm still stuck with the 'Rules' of my nonlucid LD. Now, Its as if someone, and i hope im not crazy, but SOMEONE in my dream is blocking me from escaping out of the NLD rules when lucid. I can actually kinda feel the presence, im not lying or overreacting, its creeping me out. Dnt say to just try fly away cuz i have and this happens: If i do manage somehow to break free (example from a building) I have no resistance yet the concentration needed for that brings me back to being Non-lucid, too. I don't get it! The first conflict seemed quite normal, the 2nd a little too, but the 3rd is now freaking me out. I'll give some details of change that might help hopefully:
1. I stopped for half a year of having LDs :oops:
2. I, probs not relevant, began to know more about my fears by evaluating my NLDs closely, but u never knw
3. Found out, like i said, my frend knws bout LDs. He said he could try make me lucid to help. So far not. probs been overreacting :D . Maybe that kinda mixed up with the thing that he said that some ppl can control ppl and other stuff in dreams better and, u knw, can then be more, kinda, powerful of controlling you and stuff. I dont really think it matters if its true or not, because that couldve affected my dreams, and even more cuz for a long time (i daydream loads, ADD ;) ) I focus/daydream alot to control my dream and maybe other ppl due to my weird ones. Are the dreams tryna challenge me or wat? I am not crazy!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Feb 2013 00:08

Sterre Duiker wrote: Now, Its as if someone, and i hope im not crazy, but SOMEONE in my dream is blocking me from escaping out of the NLD rules when lucid. I can actually kinda feel the presence, im not lying or overreacting, its creeping me out.!

That SOMEONE in your dream blocking you, I believe is an aspect of yourself. Dont allow yourself to be creeped out by it.

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 14 Feb 2013 14:19

:? then how can it feel so real? Every part of me thinks so. I would've atleast have some doubt if it was me, right? Or can yourself actually convince..yourself? Thats weird...

redacer47

Postby redacer47 » 14 Feb 2013 23:08

hey this forum is really helpful, but anyways I have confirmed that my dream signs are my family but the thing is I don't know what if that's a good sign because in my dreams, there's nothing unusual about my family members. Can you help me with this frustrating problem??

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Feb 2013 07:05

redacer47 wrote:hey this forum is really helpful, but anyways I have confirmed that my dream signs are my family but the thing is I don't know what if that's a good sign because in my dreams, there's nothing unusual about my family members. Can you help me with this frustrating problem??

Im not familar with much of the dream terminology as Im mostly a self taught LDer but anyway.. i guess when you say "dream signs" you are refering to something in your dreams in which appears often and which you could use to do a reality check with?????

I you want to use your family to do that.. I cant see why it wouldnt work as your family in your dreams (as long as you are truely lucid).. would appear "wrong" if you talk closely to them and start asking them a few questions in which in RL they could easily answer. Most DCs act quite strange and give strange answers when we speak with them

Return to “For Beginners”