Meditation, please help

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Vaellian

Meditation, please help

Postby Vaellian » 13 Feb 2013 08:50

I enjoy the Mild Method more than any of the Reality into Dream methods. from my experience (mostly because i have such an open mind at the same time as a completely logistical thinker) that when i Become lucid while i am dreaming, such as a random reality check, or spontaneous. i gain near perfect lucidity, clarity of thought and clear vision. if only for a brief moment before the dream generally fades. whereas WBTB and Wilds Deild spild...ect i get a very hyper semi-lucid dream with no controll over even my own actions.

now About meditation that is a big component of the Mild technique. can someone give me some examples on how to better relax myself before meditating. or how to improve upon my meditation ex improve my visualization skills. and how long should i do the breathing technique to settle my mind before meditating?

Any input would be lovely and greatly appreciated <3 ty

taniaaust1

Re: Meditation, please help

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 13:14

Visualisation improvement
One way to improve visualization skills is to study an object for 1 minute.. then shut your eyes and try to visualise exactly what that object was like. With practice you will get better at visualizing various things.

another way to improve visualization is to take a slow walk around your house then shut your eyes and try to the same walk in your mind. Do this over and over until you feel like you can imagine what this is like. (thinking of the feels of this, movement, carpet or hard floor under your feet, any smells, what you hear etc is just as important as the visualization of it all).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Vaellian

Re: Meditation, please help

Postby Vaellian » 14 Feb 2013 09:28

Thank you. those sound like some good exercises. i shall try to do this as often as possible

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”